2,181 results
All reviewspenn stationgreat locationnew yorkfree breakfastwarm cookiesrooms are smallthe breakfast areayogurtempire state buildingfront desk stafftwo double bedswould definitely stay here againclean hotelaround the cornerfew blockswould highly recommend this hotelcentral location
Reviewed 2 February 2015

This Hampton Inn is perfectly located one block from Penn Station, which makes for easy travel in and around NY. Hotel is quiet for a mid town location, is clean, and staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are small but provide an excellent and well priced option for a very expensive market.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kevin C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Thank you for posting the review of your stay! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 January 2015

I have stayed at, and enjoyed, many Hampton Inns over the years. But this one was exceptionally good. To a one, the staff was pleasant and helpful - the desk, maintenance, breakfast crew, everyone. The complimentary breakfast was the best I have ever had at a chain hotel. There was always a crowd in the breakfast room, but there was ample seating and the food was constantly monitored and replenished. If you are traveling with family or other group, be warned that the rooms are small. The beds are American-sized (I had a king) but floor space is very limited. I was in NYC for several days to visit art museums. I arrived by train and had only a short walk to the hotel from Penn Station. Getting around was easy whether by; walking , cab, or back to Penn Station for the subway. The hotel is situated near the Garment and Floral Districts. I loved walking past the many shops that cater to those industries.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marge D

Thank you for the wonderful compliments and the review of your stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure having you here and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2015 via mobile

We are not big city folk and like to stay here when attending events at the Garden. Always a good choice. Friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Love the breakfast and can't beat the location. We park the car in the garage across the street. This last time it was just me and the kids and I felt very safe.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz T

We are always pleased to have you as return guests. Thanks for the review. As you know, we are in a very safe neighborhood and the parking garage is nearby. Always call the hotel if you have a concern as we will assist.
See you soon

Reviewed 25 January 2015

It was the best and the cheapest stay (3 days) I ever had that was close to the Holidays. The staff went out of their way to make my stay wonderful. Left me chocolate and a Thank you card just for reporting any problems that I experienced. Breakfast was great and a plus for the budget minded. Cookies were served around 5 pm. They even saved one for me. The hotel is perfectly situated and convenient to MSG.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor. Helps with the noise from the city life.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ladylumbee
Kevin C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Reviewed 25 January 2015

I stayed 5 days in the Hampton inn in NYC. I knew the brand of this hotel from my numerous trips in the U.S.. The room was really spacious and the beds were comfortable which is very often the case in NYC. I enjoyed also some little details like multi plugs locations in the room.which is very handy if you have few items to be recharged. The location is also a good advantage is you use the subway often. Moreover, the prices are moderate and the breakfast is, included.Just what I need.....

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlbertBelgium

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.