“The Best Italian Restaurant”
Review of Via Della Pace

Via Della Pace
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Della Pace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 15,864 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 1st & 2nd Avenue
Transit: From Astor Place Station (6 Train): Proceed in east direction from Astor Place towards E 8th St (213ft). Turn right in Cooper Square(259ft). Turn left in E 7th Street (0,2 mi). From 8th St- NYU (R W Train): Proceed in sud east direction from E 8th St. toward Lafayette street ( 0,1 mi). Turn right in Cooper Square(259ft). Turn left in E 7th St.
Description: Via Della Pace is known for it’s unique and reasonably priced Italian cuisine, and for it’s extensive wine list and exclusive atmosphere. Truly one of the Lower East Side’s hidden gems, Via Della Pace offers great music and authentic food
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I toured NYU, and were looking for a nice restaurant. It was incredible service and the best, most authentic Italian I’ve ever tasted. The chef is grinning Rome, and you can taste the passion in his cooking. Everything was FANTASTIC. 10/10

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Writing a review just to complain about the way they write in the tip! It was two of us dining, and the bill came to $49 or so. They automatically included a 20% tip and billed us $59.30! And the payment is cash only, which in New York City is weird because who carries so much cash around? I payed with a $100 bill, and they coolly returned $40! Yes, 70 cents is not much but it’s on top of the 20% tip! Feeling totally ripped off!
Otherwise service was good and food was ok, though choices are limited. The only pesto pasta was a vegetarian option with beans and potatoes, and there were no aglio olio options.
With so many options in east village, this one is missable.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We came for dinner to this wonderful restaurant with inside and outside seating and we felt like being in Italy with outstanding service personnel, authentic food and very reasonable prices.

All drinks, food and desserts tasted excellent and were homemade - outstanding!

If you want to feel like being in Italy then go to VDP!

Is this a helpful review? Then please give me a "Thumbs up Thank FrankGeisler" by clicking the button below.

1  Thank FrankGeisler
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit. The first was a month ago when we were the only table.
We arrived 5 minutes prior to the couple we were dining with and 8 minutes prior to our reservation time. The server we greeted us told us which table we would have once our entire party arrived. 5 minutes later we were told by the owner that we would have a table closer to the door. He was the owner and that was our table. After attempting to dispute I gave in and then he let let us have our table. He wasn’t going to let a woman tell him how to run his business!
My “grilled octopus “ appetizer was boiled and nauseating. Although I left every piece of octopus on the plate no one asked me how my appetizer was.
The service was very slow throughout. No one asking how our food was.
They added an automatic 20% tip to a 4 person table which is ridiculous.
Never again.
Avoid this place.

1  Thank venicerules
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Busy for a Thursday night! Bruschetta was freshly prepared with nice flavor. Lasagna portion was more than I could eat at one meal. Thumbs up would visit again.