“Just one blemish in anotherwise great experience”
Review of Solita Soho Hotel

Solita Soho Hotel
Ranked #373 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed 7 nights, which I enjoyed very much. Small room but given the price and location, it was perfectly fine. The air con was quiet which sometimes they are not. I was particularly impressed with its shower, with two heads. Water pressure was strong and the temperature canbe as hot as you want it. Lemongrass shower gel also good.

It isnot a huge hotel with only about 5 rooms on each floor so it doesn't get noisy in the corridors or the lift opening and closing all night long.

It is situated right where Soho, Chinatown, and Little Italy are, so you can't get a more convenient location than that!

I just have one little problem with the olace. The one and only lift broke down one day and it took over a day for it to be fixed. These things happen, I get it, and it isn't the broke lift that got me but the fact that when I was in the lobby trying to go back to my room before I knew the lift was broken, the lobby guy didn't say anything till I asked after standing there for three minutes. Why didn't he just inform me as soon as I came through the front door?

I was on the nonth floor so that was a fair number of steps up! Next day when I asked another receptionst when it was going to be fixed, she said she didn't kniw and that this was good exercise for everyone! I think I was more unimpressed with the way they talked to me about this.

But otherwise all good.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric C
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Good Morning,

I am extremely happy that you had a great experience. I am sorry about the elevator. As you stated sometimes these things happen. I would love to have you stay with us again, and i promise you a great rate for the inconvenience.The agent who said about the exercise was i am sure trying to lighten the mood. I will explain to her that it can come off wrong as it did. She is very sweet and caring, but i promise to let her know. Either way next time you come i promise an all around blemish free stay. Please feel free to call me anytime. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I just love this little hotel. Yes, the rooms are small, but they are very clean and well furnished. Beds are great.The people could not have been nicer. You're two blocks from Little Italy and around the corner from Chinatown.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark J

Good Morning

I just wanted to thank you for such lovely feedback. We here at The Solita Soho Hotel try and make everyone feel as if they are in their own home. I hope to see you back here real soon. We always give returning customers great discounts for being loyal. Have a wonderful day, and please reach out to directly me for anything you may need.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely helpful staff at the front desk made everything easy. From printing off tickets and itineries to giving advice on and directions to local brunch and dinner. A really great hotel with ideal location near between NOHO and SOHO and little Italy and Greenwich village.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Good Morning,

I wanted to write a thank you note for such a great review. We always say our goal is to make our guest feel as if their staying in their own home. As with all our returning customers, please call us when you are ready to return. I will personally take care of you and give you a great rate for being a loyal customer.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

My boyfriend and I have visited NYC enough to know that most hotel rooms there are going to be small. That doesn't concern me much, as we don't do much besides sleep in our rooms. As long as I have a comfy bed, a room quiet enough so my sleep isn't disturbed, and a good shower, I'm happy. The Solita delivered on all counts. Although there is a bar/restaurant next to the hotel, none of the noise reached our seventh-floor room. The double shower head was really wonderful, and I appreciated the shampoo and shower gel dispensers on the wall since I forgot my shampoo. The hotel is only a few blocks from several subway lines that will get you almost anywhere in NYC

The only thing I didn't like is that there is only one elevator for a 12-story hotel (with four rooms on each floor, I assume), but we never waited too long for an elevator. The rooms also don't have a refrigerator, so having a cold drink in the morning wasn't an option. There is WiFi, but you have to re-sign in every time you return to the hotel.

The lobby is rather small--just a front desk, a bench, and the elevator--but the staff we encountered were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger. Join Choice hotel rewards to get free bag storage if you arrive early or ar...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanielleinDC

Good Morning,

I wanted to personally thank you for giving us such great feedback. I take every review into careful consideration. I am so happy that you had a great stay. As in all my reviews i tell my customers once you do return, please ask for me. I will personally give you a great discount for being such a loyal customer. Have a wonderful day!

General Manger

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel for 10 days plus. The hotel was adequate for the price. What was appalling was that one night there was no hot water overnight or until mid afternoon the following day. One night credit was requested for the night I was given only a $100 credit-not even 1/2 of the cost for the night. And despite numerous attempts to talk to the manager, the manager would not even return letters or calls. Was disappointed with the customer service firstly and secondly for the insufficient refund. No one expects an expensive or even mid priced New York hotel to not provide hot water. That's pretty appalling. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen N
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Good Morning,

I really am sorry about this confusion. I hope my staff explained to you i have not been at work for over a week because of an emergency. I left word for them to give you back 2 nights. I just refunded extra money for you because of this confusion. I am sorry that the hot water went down for a few hours. We got it fixed the same afternoon. Please call me to find out your total price off. Thank you so much.