“Great food every time.”

Ranked #539 of 15,928 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Rose Hill
Cross street: Park and Lexington
Transit: Subway line: 6 to 28th Street and Park Avenue South
Description: Founded by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, Blue Smoke celebrates the diverse culinary traditions of the American South with a range of soulful barbecue classics alongside revived family recipes and new favorites from Executive Chef Jean-Paul Bourgeois. An all-American beverage menu complements the Southern cooking with a wide range of whiskeys, wines, cocktails, and craft beers from coast to coast. The internationally renowned club Jazz Standard, located below the flagship restaurant in New York City’s Flatiron District, offers drinks, snacks, and dinner from Blue Smoke.
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This was my favorite place to eat when I lived in the city and I try to get back as often as I can. I can honestly say that I’ve never had anything that wasn’t delicious. Brisket, ribs, hushpuppies, pork belly, smoked chicken...everything is tremendous. Plus the staff is very friendly and helpful AND they have a great beer, wine, and cocktail menu. Love it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed 12 March 2018

If you are looking for Great Ribs, Excellent Service and a Great Atmosphere in New York City don't miss Blue Smoke.

We really enjoyed our night here. The service was fast, friendly and efficient and the Food was really tasty. Portions were generous and options were plentiful. Highly Recommended if you love Ribs.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We're been in the city two days and we've been here twice. Once just for drinks and the second time for food. Tasty food, great selection of beers and fantastic service. I know we will be back again before we leave. Thank you so much

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I watched the YouTube video "6 Must-Try Dishes at Blue Smoke BBQ" and began salivating. Hubby and I decided we had to try Blue Smoke. We went for a late lunch (2pm on a Monday) and ordered the Alabama wings, corn bread madeleines, ribs, brisket, macaroni and cheese, french fries, beignets, and the key lime pie. We feasted! Everything was excellent, but the highlight of our meal was the Alabama wings! They were above and beyond our expectations. Delicious! Our second highlight was the cornbread madeleines. The brisket and ribs were what you would expect for smoked BBQ. Dessert was delicious too. Lunch cost $117 with just two beers, not including tip. There was no wait when we went, service was attentive, and the restaurant was clean, not overly loud, and decorated interestingly. It was a little pricey, but we will be back.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I was in the neighborhood so I did some takeout. I have really missed this place. It's been a few years since I ate here last. Ordered the spicy chicken sandwich with seasoned fries. Wowwww!! It was so good. It's really spicy as well, not mild. My order was ready in 25 minutes. The customer service when placing my order and picking up was A+. Can't wait come back for an actual sit down meal

Date of visit: February 2018