“Moustache is a casual restaurant with very good food.”
Review of Moustache

Moustache
Ranked #2,006 of 15,860 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Good for: Groups
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Moustache is a casual restaurant with very good food. The service is friendly. We thought the chicken kebab plate and the hummus with freshly made pitas were great.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I was in this little restaurant at The village today after reading of it on a travel guide.
The atmosphere is essential. Few tables, middle eastern music and oil lamps. It was the kind of restaurant that I was looking for. I tasted ouzi, and my choice was amazing. Fresh hot ouzi with a perfect yogurt sauce at sides. I wished for a never ending meal.
If you are the type of guys who like experimenting, go here and you’ll have no complaints.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We had a special night at Moustache. Chicken kebab and lamb kebab were delicious. A very nice place at Village. Good prices and good service.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Loved this small, neighborhood restaurant. Not a great wine menu, but dinner was delicious and we stuck to mezzes (appetizers). Reasonable!

1  Thank JDinLA
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We came to this restaurant based on the recommendation from Lonely Planet. As much as LP quite often makes mistakes (in my experience) this was one of those times where LP defeated TripAdvisor.

This is a Lebanese-style restaurant (some American peers mention Greek, but for somebody from the Old World, this reminded me more of Lebanese food) which is basic in style, but all it lacks in fancy interiors (as the exterior was used for the "Friends" TV series), it compensates with amazing flavours, and some of the best food I have eaten in a long time. We focused on the mezze options- but from what we ate, our impression is that basically anything would be delicious. Service was polite, caring and caring, which I found to be unusual in Manhattan. Of note, you can also try some Lebanese wines, which are delicious.

I am surprised that the restaurant doesn't have a higher score on TripAdvisor. I will definitely return if I ever go back to New York.