“Delicious Turkish kitchen”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kips Bay
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Really delicious and high quality food.
Portions are much bigger than regular American size. Price is reasonable in comparison with the quality food offerings. Without alcohol, average cost is around $200 for party of four. Doner kebab, combination of char grilled lamb & chicken, cabbage stuffed with ground beef were delicious. Good representation of traditional Turkish grilled meat. Servers are helpful. Kadaif noodles (oven baked shredded pastry) was flavorful. In a nutshell, could easily be a “regular place” for Turkish kebab lovers.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here dozens of times; never disappointed. Try the stuffed mussels, dips and salads. And the Sunday brunch is an amazing deal!

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We came Thursday. Food is great. If you come at 6 you can order speacial $27.50
Appetizer, entree, salad and desert for each person. Egg plant as an appetizer, Iskenderian, and ISTIM Kebap is great as an entree, try baklava too. And ask for Duygu and Teona, the female waitress. They really took care of us! Resul is the great bass boy. Thank you Turkish kitchen. My business meeting went great !

Reviewed 3 August 2018

This evening, six family members enjoyed a variety of absolutely delicious dishes, served by an exceptionally charming young waitress, probably Turkish. We had various appetizers and main courses, all of which were properly cooked and seasoned, and attractively presented. Our waitress, knowing that not all of us ordered dessert but being quite sure that we'd all want to try several of them, cut them up into six pieces before she brought them to the table. We sat upstairs where it was nearly empty on a stormy evening, so the restaurant was quiet and good for conversation. Those downstairs could also engage in conversation even though most tables were full. I can't imagine why a reviewer said that the service was poor. He can't have had our waitress! Prices may have skyrocketed since 20 years ago, but they are not exorbitant by today's standards. The prices for lamb dishes run in the low $20s though I noticed that something cost $28. Appetizers were something like $8-15. This is Manhattan, after all, in 2018, where rents are high. Restaurant prices have to cover the rent as well as other expenses that never seem to go down..

1  Thank Carol K
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I always think of this place for my Turkish food craving. Again I am not disappointed for the way my family of 4 adults and 15 months old baby girl we treated upon entering until the last sip of turkish coffee.
My confession is that I've eating here more times than I can remember. The secret is to lunch here when they have the prefix 3 & 4 courses. The wait staff even warmed our baby's meal and very though fully to provide choice of spoon sizes to feed her.
We ordered three-4 course for our table to sample. We had Cacik, Manti, Patlican Salatasi, Mucver, Izgara Kofte, Sis Kebab, Tilapia Bugulama, Shepherd Salad &
Green Salad. Also three desserts. The service was very attentive and we felt pampered. Ah also the ample supply of pide.

1  Thank Chong T