Carmine's Italian Restaurant - Upper West Side
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmine's Italian Restaurant - Upper West Side is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between 90th & 91st Streets
Transit: 1, 2, 3 trains to 96th Street
Description: Carmine's simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters. Located in a sprawling, former grand ballroom on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, this is the original Carmines. Designed by Peter Niemitz, the interiors evoke the images of the quintessential New York restaurant. With elements and details from the 1920s to the 1940s, the restaurant has the look and feel of a place that has been around for much longer than it's 1990 opening. If you are in the market for freshly prepared family style Italian food that is served in huge portions at reasonable prices, this is the place for you.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Excellent food and good ambiance. We had an great meal and wonderful service. A bit pricey but it was worth it. Recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We ordered out from Carmine’s as we had a large party. The food was still warm and fresh after the 4 block walk. The eggplant parmigiana is outstanding and I highly recommend it. Spaghetti and meatballs was also excellent.
Next visit we will eat at the restaurant.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I finally made it to Carmines on my third trip to New York and my one regret is that I did not try them sooner. We arrived around 6:30 and we seated immediately. They brought us a bread basket and the bread was amazing. Because it was only two of us, we ordered Calamari and the double rack of lamb with roasted vegetables in red wine reduction sauce. OMG...the food was delicious! The calamari was perfect and the rack of lamb was delicious and the sauce was out of this world. Carmines will definitely be on my list my next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was fantastic this buzzing place the staff were all very attentive and a relatively short wait for a table that we hadn’t booked the potions are enormous ordered a garlic bread 50/50 half with cheese half not 8 large slices arrived and the lasagna was massive could have fed 6 people but the quality of food was fantastic

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I’m Italian and I was curious about the “spaghetti with meatballs” an Italo/American dish (this may sound weird but in Italy we don’t use to eat that dish)
and I found it very delicious and surprisingly very cheap.
I liked this restaurant and the staff was very kind and patient with me and my bad english!

1  Thank Nicola L