“Tasty Italian ”

Carmine's Italian Restaurant - Upper West Side
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmine's Italian Restaurant - Upper West Side is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #359 of 15,870 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between 90th & 91st Streets
Transit: 1, 2, 3 trains to 96th Street
Description: Family Style Italian Restaurant
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We ordered out from Carmine’s as we had a large party. The food was still warm and fresh after the 4 block walk. The eggplant parmigiana is outstanding and I highly recommend it. Spaghetti and meatballs was also excellent.
Next visit we will eat at the restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I finally made it to Carmines on my third trip to New York and my one regret is that I did not try them sooner. We arrived around 6:30 and we seated immediately. They brought us a bread basket and the bread was amazing. Because it was only two of us, we ordered Calamari and the double rack of lamb with roasted vegetables in red wine reduction sauce. OMG...the food was delicious! The calamari was perfect and the rack of lamb was delicious and the sauce was out of this world. Carmines will definitely be on my list my next visit to NYC.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere was fantastic this buzzing place the staff were all very attentive and a relatively short wait for a table that we hadn’t booked the potions are enormous ordered a garlic bread 50/50 half with cheese half not 8 large slices arrived and the lasagna was massive could have fed 6 people but the quality of food was fantastic

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I’m Italian and I was curious about the “spaghetti with meatballs” an Italo/American dish (this may sound weird but in Italy we don’t use to eat that dish)
and I found it very delicious and surprisingly very cheap.
I liked this restaurant and the staff was very kind and patient with me and my bad english!

1  Thank NicolaL492
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Wow is all I can say. We were not able to get reservations but when we called the restaurant we were told we could come in and wait for a table, hoping not to have to wait real long, we decided to take a chance. We had been told by many friends it was a fabulous restaurant. Even though the sign on the door said "reservations only" we went in and explained we were told to come to wait for a table and they put us on the wait list. The wait was not too long and was well worth it.
The waiter came to our table almost immediately and was so pleasant. He explained it was family style and that we would only need 1 entree for the 2 of us. He was so correct. The veal parmesan with angel hair was wonderful. There was more than enough for the 2 of us and we actually left a lot since we could not finish everything. We were not disappointed.
Well worth the wait.