“Great Ribs!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Description: THE HOG PIT NYC, FOUNDED IN 1995, IS LOCATED IN THE THRIVING CHELSEA/ FLATIRON AREA OF NYC. AND IT FITS RIGHT IN. Where else can you drink $2 pbr's and feast on some of the best southern cuisine in the city? Y'all should know at the Hog Pit we are committed to providing fresh, homemade, mouth-watering food to go along with our genuine hospitality. We pride ourselves on our loyal guests and employees, and for being a wonderful neighborhood place to have great fun. Some of you may remember the Hog Pit when it was located in the Meat Packing District of NYC. Well, the legend continues at 37 W 26th St. As we like to say: SO GOOD, YOU'LL SQUEAL.
Reviewed 27 April 2017

If you're a pork lover (ribs, pulled pork), the Hog Pit is the place to go. Nothing fancy inside, just great food and HUGE portions. Try the fried pickles (they don't taste like pickles at all), and the mac 'n cheese fries are to die for. A portion is enough for 4 as an appetizer. The BBQ Sampler also is enough for 2 people, especially if you start with an appetizer. Beer is the drink to have as the wine list is very sparse. Cocktails also are available. We'll definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for The Hog Pit

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The service has been exceptional. I started with a pink lemonade alcoholic drink and was pleasantly surprised. My husband and I shared three dishes: Parmesan ranch curly fries, sirracha honey chicken wings, and the southwestern salad. Everything tasted fine. It's a step up from regular pub food, and it was tasty. The fries were mostly crispy, had a few soggy ones, but the flavour was good. The service was great beginning to end. I am not a huge sports freak, but I enjoy watching them. It's too bad every channel was tuned in to the same event except for one small tv by the door. I did find the music too loud, but I have that complaint about most places these days. It seems every establishment has the volume set to a level where conversation is meant to be discouraged.

I would certainly go back and try other menu items and maybe earlier in the evening the music wouldn't be as loud.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Ok place. I had chikenwings, they where dry and not so good. The same with pork ribs. The service was ok, the girls who worked there stood behind the bar talking. It seems that where more importan than serve the customers.
I had an accident, and spilled out my drink. Had to go and ask for napkins and explained what happened. The didn't care, just gave me som napkins. Didn't even bother to come over and clean the table!

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

I'd just flown into NY after spending a week and a half in an Islamic country, so was craving a bit of pork, and NY certainly has some good pork on offer! I wandered for a bit and stumbled on this place... it was late, but thankfully I could still order and wash it all down with a few IPAs. The pulled pork burger was great, decent sized serving (with a tonne of curly fries!) and good pork. The barbecue sauce was awesome, nice and spicy! Service was good, beers were cold, and the atmosphere was nice too. Not a bad find!

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Good beer nice bartender. Menu could be better. Frog legs cmon guys
it is peaceful and I'n Nyc that's a good thing. Drink and watch sports eat elsewhere