“Casual seafood restaurant ”
Review of Fish

Fish
Ranked #285 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This place may be good for casual dining with friends and colleagues. Not great for family dining as music was loud (80s) and going to rest room required steep and narrow staircase.
Service wasn't so great, waitress was not so much attentive.
But food was good -esp. sea food paella - the size was very big, maybe great for 4 adults. Raw oysters were excellent. Lobster bisque was a bit too rich and too heavy but some may like this heaviness. The restaurant was lively.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic local village oyster, clam and lobster bar joint! It's a small noisy old time NYC fish bar, restaurant.
There are many great places to eat in Soho this place is definitely one of those worth a return visit.
I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Googled best oysters in NYC and this place popped up, so we decided to try it and yep, it was GREAT! I started with two of each of the six types of raw oysters they had that day and followed that up with one more of each. This was the first time I have ever been given shredded horseradish and while my preference is mignonette, I actually switched back and forth between the two. Shredded horseradish is pretty divine. I had mussels after the oysters and they were good, but really, I wish I'd've just had another round (or two) of oysters. My friend ordered the fish tacos and they were great! My other friend had the fish and chips and enjoyed his meal as well. Service was pretty good, the bartender (we sat at the bar) had a friend she kept chatting with, but the food was so good I would not hesitate to go back. John's Pizza next door was another winner - we had dinner there that night. I highly recommend both!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This is a nice informal restaurant with an excellent choice of oysters and friends. Very fresh and delicious! There is also an excellent selection of wines at reasonable prices. Friendly and efficient service. A great place for seafood in the village.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My friend has been telling me about Fish for years-yesterday we finally met there. It was wonderful! The oysters were amazing! We also had mussels -the broth was spot on. The tuna wonton was to DIE for. They have a nice selection of wines and the cava was great. Our server Laura was amazing-friendly and knowledgeable-she really made a long awaited reunion even more special:) All in all a great experience-will definitely return!