“Best moules/frite in NYC”
Review of Jubilee

Jubilee
Reserve with OpenTable
Jubilee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,106 of 15,870 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 1st and 2nd Avenues
Transit: E & V trains to Lexington Avenue-53rd Street and 6 train to 51st Street.
Description: Sutton Place's favorite kitchen for the past 16 years, Jubilee brings elegance to casual dining in a quaint and vibrant atmosphere. Famous for serving a delicious variety of mussels, other specialties include striped bass, sea scallops, steak frites and French cuisine essentials such as steak tartare, escargots and profiteroles. Available for private parties.
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Jubilee is in a fairly new location on 1st Avenue between 52 and 53 street. We visited their old location on 53rd street a number of times, but I believe the ambience, as well as the bar have improved a great deal. However, if you like mussels, in a variety of preparations, Jubilee is the place for you. Their moules/frites is perfect! No trace of sand, perfectly cooked, sauces from mariniere to spicier preps like their curry sauce and the fries are as they should be, skinny and crispy. The apple tart is my dessert of choice. These are also available on their prix fixe menu as well....great value.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

One of the few great neighborhood French restaurants left, Jubilee has outstanding food and atmosphere. Pour a lovely glass of wine and eat a great meal from salad thru wonderful main entrees through dessert. I'm partial to their perfect Dover sole, but their other fish, steaks and chicken are also superb. Like eating in Paris, but with a very friendly staff.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

My girl friend had found it and insisted that we go for happy hour last week. Can you imagine getting two glasses of wine for $10 in Manhattan, and small plates at similar prices? Many places charge for than that for one glass! We had small plates of mussels in different sauces, and they were very good. The bar is very small but we came early; by the time we left it was full. The bar man was also very congenial. The happy hour runs from 2 pm till 6.30 pm and every night from 9.30 till closing.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I've dined at Jubilee many times and always it's a lovely meal with excellent service. Brunch this visit was no exception. I believe I had the very best Eggs Benedict I've ever tasted. I adore the spot - consistently good food and a beautiful dining room - without all the chaos that so many NYC restaurants have.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We arrived about 6:15 pm. We then ordered and enjoyed the atmosphere and several appetizers. Used a coupon for dinner but prior to the main course the head waiter said the coupon had to have the order placed before 6pm. When my wife said to cancel the main course the waiter went to the owner who overruled the coupon restriction. Therein we continued with our meal. Always nice to have the owner present!!!

1  Thank RockwallTraveler