“A Nice Surprise”

Osteria Laguna Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Laguna Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,040 of 15,765 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: The 4, 5, 6, 7 & S Subways to 42nd Street/Grand Central.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Much more than a red sauce joint. The insalata caprese had wonderful tomtoes,basil and firm but creamy bufflo mozzarella. While I might liked it served with balsamic vinegar it was really great by itself (which gave me a chance to salt only the tomatoes, a must) and when I added a hint of olive oil. The fried calamari were perfectly done, not a hint of greasiness and seasoned to perfection. The gnocchi in pesto was fantastic fantastic, and both the risotto with mushrooms and lasagna with béchamel took me back to a recent visit to Rome. We could not finsih our pasta main courses but dessert demanded attention and the tiramisu and chocolate mousse rapped in a cup of dark chocolate were just great. I loved it and since my son just moved into an apartment on 44th Street, we'll be back.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Osteria Laguna had old world Italian ambiance and good food. We had a relaxing light dinner NYC. We would return.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Don't let the small front fool you, when you walk in, it goes long in the back. We had the spinach ravioli and lasagne and both were delicious. It comes with bread and olives and impeccable service. We didn't have reservations and when we arrived the hostess told us there was a 15 minute wait, but it was only 5 or 6 minutes. Once we got inside though, it was a packed house, including the private dining room, so I'd recommend reservations if you can pin down a time. Prices are reflective of the quality and service and worth every penny. We were seated by the pizza oven and we almost got a pizza, and if I had read the reviews first, I would have tried one. The pizzas are hand made dough and fired in a brick oven and the pizza chef was turning out some beautiful pies, I find it hard to believe they're as bad as some of the reviews say, but as I said, we didn't get one and now we wish we had. You won't be disappointed when you go here and we will definitely return.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I can't say about the other dishes they serve but the pizza sucks big time! We were a party of four and two of us ordered a different pizza each. We didn't even finish half the pizza. The crust is terrible. So hard and not crunchy at all. And the toppings were so lacking! Not at all worth the hefty price you pay for fine dining!

1  Thank Rodolfo D
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Food was warm at best and not very well presented. It seemed that they look after their regulars more so than the tourist. The compulsory tip starting at 15% with the hostess insisting I paid it was unnecessary. Will give this one a miss if we return.