“Great French food at a reasonable cost”
Review of Le Rivage

Le Rivage
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Rivage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #679 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
Description: Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We had a reservation at 6:45 PM....walked in to the French restaurant at 6:30. There were over 10 people in line. I mentioned we had a reservation and were told that there was only one table available...and that one was right in the middle of everything going on in the restaurant. We took it and were glad we did. We saw FUN...also, the food and the house wine were exceptional.

The $39.00 Prix fixe re theater dinner was worth so much more than the cost. I am a French Onion soup snob, and enjoyed their soup as much as any I've ever had (at a small extra cost).

The Coq Au Vin was fall off the bone wonderful and the Cordon Bleu was prepared to perfection. The Napoleon and Chocolate Mousse for dessert were also unbelievable.

If you get a chance....make sure you make a reservation at this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I found this little gem while scrolling through my Facebook timeline. They advertised a French Onion Soup Burger, it looked so good on Facebook I had to try it myself. My wife and I made reservations on a Saturday for 5pm and when we arrived we were greeted at the door by a nice lady who promptly took our coats and brought us to our table. The place is small so you sit close to the person next to you which I don't mind at all. The menu was fantastically priced for a French restaurant in Manhattan. They offered a theatre special prix fixed menu for $39 a person!! You can't beat that. Anyone who complains about that should go eat at a McDonald's! My wife and I ordered the Bordeaux Chateau Renom Superior which was delish. She ordered vegetable soup and I got the risotto for appetizer. They came out quick and were great. For dinner we both got the Onion Soup burgers which was the reason we went there for and boy was it good. The gentleman dining next to me told me he has been coming there for 20 years and the food is always great. My check after dinner and drinks was $111 plus a $25 tip. In conclusion I highly recommend going here for some fine French dining that won't break your bank account.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

On a freezing nigth in NYC (20 degrees outside )we were looking forward to have an enjoyable evening with friends in this french restaurant. The restaurant was incredible cold. We sat down, and asked if they could put the heat higher. They did nothing. They have a fix price dinner, for $39.00, the menu is extensive, the food is o.kThe owner came to ask how was the food.we said it was fine, but we were feezing, we asked again if they could put heat higher, she totally ignored what we were requesting, just left the table pretending we did not hear what we requested Was very umpleasent nigth, being cold not enjoying the evening. They will not see us back again .

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Le Rivage is located on "restaurant row", in the NYC theater district. It offers a moderately priced, French bistro type, prix fixe dinner menu, that includes a number of options. We were welcomed graciously, and the service was very good. The decor was attractive, with impressionist style paintings on the walls. The food was good to very good. The entree portions and accompanying sides were quite small, in my opinion. That was the only negative factor. As an entire dinner, with appetizer main course, bread and dessert, there was sufficient food. I would definitely dine there again.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We were not going to the theater the night we ate at Le Rivage. We just wanted a quiet dinner, French style. But the theater crowd really overtook the restaurant. We loved the service and the food but the hustle and bustle was a bit much. And not too French...