“Lovely Idea but rushed”
Review of Le Rivage

Le Rivage
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Rivage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #634 of 14,908 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenues
Transit: C & E trains to 50th Street; N, R & W trains to 49th Street; 1 train to 50th Street; and all trains to Times Square/42nd Street.
Description: Le Rivage offers you a cozy, romantic French country atmosphere where traditional French cuisine is expertly prepared for your pleasure. Fresh flowers embellish each table. Prices are delightfully affordable with incredibly rewarding selections; a true bargain in the heart of the theatre district.
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We were not going to the theater the night we ate at Le Rivage. We just wanted a quiet dinner, French style. But the theater crowd really overtook the restaurant. We loved the service and the food but the hustle and bustle was a bit much. And not too French...

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

The great thing about Rivage is that it is so reasonably price for being in Manhattan. I had the French Onion soup which is too notch. I also had the Cordon Blue which is amazing. All desserts are phenomenal. This should be on your list of places to visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited here on our last day. Service and food was brilliant. Only intended on having a quick bite to eat and ended up having 3 courses and staying a couple of hours. The French onion soup burger which was amazing. Would highly recommend

Reviewed 26 February 2017

My wife and I enjoyed this restaurant so much we came twice in our one week holiday last November. You just can't beat French cuisine! We order from the Pre Theater menu. The food was delicious. Service was great. Fast, hot and delicious. Thanks!

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Went here after an afternoon show on a
Friends recommendation. With all the wonderful restaurants in the city, I would suggest not going here. The food came out so fast and it was so blah...I guess the draw for some is the fast service, but you can get that in many other quality establishments around the theater district. Here's the reason I am taking the time to write this.... both my husband and I got sick after eating here. Enough said. NYC is filled with quality restaurants....this is NOT one of them.