“Amazing! ”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stardust diner is really good, the voices is incredible and the shows they put on is something else! The only downfall I had was my waitress, I don’t think she was a waitress, I think she works behind the bar as we sat at the bar and ate or food, she never listened to what me and my partner ordered and was rude about it. The food was lovely though, onion rings were a bit cremated but, I would return though!

Write a ReviewReviews (17,355)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had heard the hype and been recommended this place by a few people before we travelled to NYC.

It was fun and the staff are all very talented. Was so entertaining.

We went for breakfast and had to queue for around 40 minutes which isn’t too bad a wait for this place. While we were in line we did hear that if you are in a large group, especially with kids, they will seat you quicker without having to join the line (Top Tip!) - Just pop in and let the front desk know.

Food was average, we went for the Corned beef hash (which isn’t anything like what we have in the UK!) and the Bacon, egg and cheese roll with tater tots, both OK -No complaints but you definitely come here more for the experience!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Although we had to wait just over 2 hours to get in, we weren’t disappointed. The food isn’t amazing but loved the everyone who made our evening great. I definite must when visiting the Big Apple

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for breakfast on Easter Sunday around 8am. The pancakes were to die for and the singing waiters/waitresses are on another level. They are just amazing!!
It’s the most surreal experience, our waitress literally gave us our drinks and then was up singing and bad to give us our food - AMAZING!! The atmosphere is just fabulous

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We had heard great things about Ellen’s so wanted to try for ourselves. We first attempted on Tuesday lunchtime, and joined the queue way down 51st St outside the gift store. We waited and moved up slowly for about 15 minutes but as soon as we got the office block (where you need to leave a gap for people to enter/exit) we noticed a huge (I mean huge!) group entering Ellen’s at the side entrance. From then on we did not move. After about 25 minutes of not moving at all we left.

We came back in a Thursday about 11:10 and joined the queue in 51st St. this time we were moving gradually and a waitress came out to take group numbers. She would return periodically and call out for 2s or 5s etc. We queued for about an hour and took the offer to sit at the bar (you need to be over 18 to do so).

Food was excellent - we had a breakfast burger with waffle fries and a sex in the city cocktail. Quite pricey (bill was over $110). However Service was fast, and entertainment good. However sitting at the bar we felt out of it so I wouldn’t choose to sit here again (needed to turn around and search for the singing wait staff). Great idea and wonderful voices singing Broadway classics.

Point to note - gratuities were already included at 20% and there was a request for donations for singing lessons, which even tho told no obligations to contribute we felt obliged to.