“Great pastry”

Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: East Village
Description: Our Uncle Antonio Veniero came to New York City back in 1885 when he was just 16 years old. He worked in a candy factory downtown from our current location. After 3 years he was promoted to a manager and 6 years later he opened his new business at 342 East 11th Street (our current location) which he called A. Veniero Confections. He just served candies but his patrons wanted something to go with the sweets so he started to roast his own espresso (with six different beans) and then he eventually brought in master bakers from Italy and the rest is history. People have been coming to Veniero Pasticceria & caffe for many generations and we are so proud of Antonio Veniero's vision and we strive each and every day to make the freshest desserts, cookies, biscotti, Gelato and drinks. The secret is simple. Use the highest quality ingredients, the finest flavors,freshest fruits and never take any shortcuts. Please come experience the legend of Veniero's for yourself either in person or online. We promise you will feel the passion that Antonio felt when he first came here to America over 131 years ago. That dream is carried on by his great nephew and nieces along with a dedicated baking staff that has a work ethic like no other. Not many places can say that and we can promise you that we will continue to make sure we make the highest quality baked goods for you and your family for generations to come. From our family to your family we look forward to serving you. Ciao, The Veniero family.
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I've been coming here for over 35 years. Everything is delicious, the coffee is good. I tried a Diamond Baci chocolate cake (GF) rather than the usual traditioal Italian goods. The cake was rich, creamy, and delightful.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I was recommended to go to Veneiro by my friend and I checked yelp ratings which were really good but also mentioned that there are always long lines to get in. Surprisingly there were no lines when we went there on a Saturday night, must be because of easter weekend. Once we entered, there was an area for pick up and a separate area inside to sit and eat. We were a group of 8 people, got table instantly and the server greeted us right away. The best part about their menu is that they have pictures on it so it's easier to decide which one to go for.

My husband ordered the mocha chocolate cake and I ordered chocolate windmill cake. Both were delicious! Our friends ordered carrot cake which was really good too. Overall, really good service, nice cakes and very good interior. Will definitely recommend it to any dessert lover visiting manhattan!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

After dinner we 'bounced' here for dessert and were not disappointed! The selection of cakes & pastries is endless, so you will be absolutely spoiled for choice! We finally settled on a vanilla cannoli & the coconut cake. Wow & wow! They were both sensational. The quality of the cream, sponge & coconut in my dessert was second to none, the best coconut cake I have ever had. The cannoli was perfect - the texture and cream filling were yum, yum, yum! Coffee was good, a little strong for my taste, but others may love that. Would highly recommend this place & will definitely return!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Venieros for years.
It is my favorite Patisserie. It opened for business in 1894 in Manhattan. You think they're doing something right. If you are a New Yorker or Tourist and have not ventured to Venieros you are at a loss.
This Patisserie is a 10 not 5 rated. I Love
Their ricotta cheese cake, it is absolutely the best. ALL their cakes, cookies, pastries
Are "delizioso" ,coffee's ,esspresso, superb
For couples young & old this is the place.
Always busy evening especially weekends.
Parking around is difficult.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

This is the quintessential New York cheesecake experience. Try the cheesecake with chocolate or raspberry mousse. Service is a little erratic but the taste more than makes up for it.