“Best Cookies in the East Village”

Veniero's Pasticceria & Caffe
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: East Village
Description: Our Uncle Antonio Veniero came to New York City back in 1885 when he was just 16 years old. He worked in a candy factory downtown from our current location. After 3 years he was promoted to a manager and 6 years later he opened his new business at 342 East 11th Street (our current location) which he called A. Veniero Confections. He just served candies but his patrons wanted something to go with the sweets so he started to roast his own espresso (with six different beans) and then he eventually brought in master bakers from Italy and the rest is history. People have been coming to Veniero Pasticceria & caffe for many generations and we are so proud of Antonio Veniero's vision and we strive each and every day to make the freshest desserts, cookies, biscotti, Gelato and drinks. The secret is simple. Use the highest quality ingredients, the finest flavors,freshest fruits and never take any shortcuts. Please come experience the legend of Veniero's for yourself either in person or online. We promise you will feel the passion that Antonio felt when he first came here to America over 131 years ago. That dream is carried on by his great nephew and nieces along with a dedicated baking staff that has a work ethic like no other. Not many places can say that and we can promise you that we will continue to make sure we make the highest quality baked goods for you and your family for generations to come. From our family to your family we look forward to serving you. Ciao, The Veniero family.
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I love going to Veniero's. Actually I dream about going to Veniero's. They have the best Italian cookies I've had anywhere. I use to go there when I would visit friends in NY but hadn't been for awhile. My last trip we were in the neighborhood so I asked my husband if we could walk down 11th and stop at Veniero's. We did and there was that wonderful selection of cookies. I ended up ordering a half a pound of cookies. Luckily, we had a freezer where were staying so I could eat a few and was able to keep them fresh in the freezer until I wanted a couple.
They're just like your Italian Mama use to make when she had the time.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Very popular bakery and cafe with tons of options to choose from! It's crowded, but worth the wait. The service is fast and the pastries are yummy! You will want to go back!

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Found this great place walking by on our way to a pizza place. Visiting from Florida and my youngest son 5yrs old loves rainbow cookies just like his mommy! We were on a mission to find good rainbow cookies just like I use to get as a young girl when I would visit my grandmother in Brooklyn. Well I'm so glad we stumbled upon this place because our mission was accomplished. Best rainbow cookies by far! The person who waited on us too was super nice and even gave us a few to sample!!
Thanks for making my sons night!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

We visited Veniero's to try their cannoli. We generally would go somewhere in Little Italy. We were out for a walk and decided on Veniero's for the first time. Little did we know what we have been missing all of this time. In the front of the establishment is a bakery for those who prefer to take their treats home. When going further to the rear you see a station to wait for seating. The ambiance is comfortable, chatty, non-rushed and beautiful. The space is limited but done beautifully with small tables - perfect for sweet treats. The menu is extensive. We were overwhelmed with the never ending list of choices. Each sounded better than the last. If you are not familiar with a particular item there are also laminated place mat size visuals of most items. My better half had a traditional chocolate dipped cannoli. I tried a "Lobster Tail". The lobster tail is a soft pastry shell filled with a delicious creamy mixture. If you are on a limited budget this place is really affordable. In addition to dessert we had a diet Coke and large glass of milk. The tab (including a $5 tip) was $21. We would not take small children but the choice is yours.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

The pastry case is full of an astonishing array of yumminess. We got goodies to take away so I can't vouch for their coffee but it smelled really good in there. Too chilly today to really enjoy gelato, but it was tempting. I'll go back on a warmer day! Mmmm