“Best Steak Frites I've Ever Had”
Review of Nice Matin

Nice Matin
Reserve with OpenTable
Nice Matin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,527 of 15,763 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 79th Street
Transit: 1,9 tr79th and Broadway.ain to
Reviewed 4 December 2016

I had looked at the menu for Nice & Martin and while expensive I thought it worth a try for a celebratory dinner. I was a little taken aback at the prices for dinner, much more for the same dishes they served for lunch (which is the menu I had seen). But I went ahead and ordered the steak frites while my dining companion order the burger & fries. Both dishes were excellent - in fact it was the best steak I have ever had. She also has a fresh cucumber drink that was outta this world! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Found it while walking by. Very nice atmosphere, good food and service. Go with the American Breakfast. Includes any entrée, coffee and juice of fruit plate for one price.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

I visited Nice Matin for my birthday with some friends. I specifically picked it because of the menu - I love French cuisine- and the location. We were seated right away and oddly enough, the waiter tried to take two place settings away from out table of four before we even sat. We reminded him that we were a party of four but he still never brought two extra menus. Usually that isn't a big deal but it set the tone for a night of complete dismissal of our table. I had to ask to get refilled on water on 3 separate occasions - something I just expected would have been done automatically at a restaurant with this price point. Additionally, my friend's food came out wrong 2 times. The first time they brought her the wrong entree. The second time the waiter forgot her coffee. It took an additional 13 minutes to bring it even after the reminder with not so much as an "I'm sorry this was late"! At one point I called the manager over to let him know we were still waiting on an espresso... We began laughing that my friend must have upset our waiter because every dish she asked for was forgotten or wrong. But the saving grace of the dinner --the food was delicious. Especially the fig-bread pudding for dessert and the duck. Did I have an enjoyable dinner despite the service- of course, I was eating great food with great friends. Would I recommend that you visit - Definitely not. There are many other delicious French restaurants in New York City. Ask me and I'll happily recommend some others...

1  Thank tjberman
Reviewed 23 November 2016

We took two good friends to dinner here recently and really enjoyed the beautiful decor, the pleasant and efficient service, and the delicious food. A great choice for a restaurant to entertain on the Upper West Side.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Had a family dinner,
Staff great , service efficient nearly invisible which was good.
Starters - mushroom tart -tasty
Main pork tenderloins on a broccoli base - great
Dessert- fig bread and butter pudding - very average
Wine - not cheap but a huge selection
Really enjoyed the evening