“Mixed food offering with excellent service and sizing”
Review of Cafe Viand

Cafe Viand
Ranked #1,156 of 14,725 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 25 December 2017

Cafe Viand offers a great range of food in good sizes and with good service. Nothing exceptional but certainly a worthy option for a hungry family in the local area.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Just having returned from New York I had to let others know about this diner. We stayed in Hotel Belleclaire, not far from here. Having arrived late four of us were hungry and tired. This was recommended and we had a lovely meal here. We then returned for breakfast for the next three mornings and were not disappointed. We also had our last meal before leaving New York and again did not disappoint. Staff were friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend. There is an Italian restaurant, serrafina I think it was called which was nowhere as nice

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I lived in upper west side for more than 3 years and Viand Cafe used to be my favorite place in the neighborhood for a quick, cheap and good quality lunch. Service is great and the menu is huge!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Always stay at Hotel Beacon in which this is located Great Greek food and lots of other choices Good wine menu but be prepared to wait for a table No cheap danish "fetta" here( fetta is DOP in the EU) And if you are lucky enough you may even see Bob Dylan eating here - he had several shows at Beacon theatre and I saw him eating here

Reviewed 25 November 2017

This is a bustling diner on the Upper West Side that has quick, friendly(ish) service and a good atmosphere. Food was good, but I didn't spot anything exceptional on the menu. If you're in the area, I'd recommend it.