“Great food, but be prepared to wait!”

Flor De Mayo Restaurant
Ranked #1,238 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The food at Flor de Mayo was amazing and the ceviche is a must try! The restaurant itself isn't very big so you might have to wait around for quite a while before you get a table, especially if you're in a larger group. The atmosphere is great so go early, and enjoy a drink at the bar while you wait! Definitely a great stop if you're looking to avoid tourist traps.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I love their broiled pork chops and fried sweet plantains. A bit pricier than I expected but still a decent place.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

First off the food. Bro! I had chicken and plantains and man was it good. Best rotisserie chicken I’ve very had. The place had great ambience and I loved being there. Not a fancy joint but one that you feel very comfortable in. I found the service good and professional - some of the service staff were very friendly others not so much - but they were all good and I did not find them rude at all (contrary to some other reviews). Definitely coming back - I would be a regular if I lived in Manhattan.

1  Thank 827fungw
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We had a lovely mix of South american and Chinese dishes, including appetizers of yucca and fried sweet and toasted plantains, Peruvian shrimp ceviche, sliced Peruvian steak (lomo saltado), fried rice (one of the best I have had) and a delicious chicken kew. The food was exquisite, well prepared and tasty, and best of all- our waiter- Luis Alberto- was very knowledgeable in the dishes and described nicely what each one had, how it was prepared. He interpreted our latin favorite and made sure that we were looking for was what we ordered on the menu. Definitely next time I am in New York I will be back to this place for another nice meal.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We were visiting NY and stopped by after a full day at the Natural History Museum. It was a Thursday eve round 6-6:30 and the place was packed. We order some wonton soup, two Chinese combination dishes, the 1/2 roast chicken with plantains, and the arroz verde con pallo. All dishes were great and servings sizes were good hearty sizes. Service was quick and courteous. Prices for the service, size and quality of food is reasonable.