“Great Turkish lunch”
Review of Pasha

Pasha
Reserve with OpenTable
Pasha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,833 of 14,730 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Columbus
Transit: 1,2,3,C,B trains
Description: With its deep red walls and skylight dining room, Pasha is one of the best Turkish restaurants in North America. Anyone who wants to take a "magical carpet ride" to Istanbul in a very elegant and comfortable ambience and warm and friendly service should visit Pasha.
Reviewed 8 April 2018

A friend and I wanted to try something different in a restaurant and found this lovely Turkish restaurant. We went there for lunch on a Sunday and there were only a few tables occupied - which made for a very pleasant dining experience. The restaurant was beautifully quiet in an area where most of the restaurants are too noisy to even talk to your table mates.
The food was delicious. I had the stuffed chicken breast and my friend had the lamb patties on the lunch special. We shared a wonderfully moist chocolate cake. The portions were plentiful and nicely presented. The service was excellent, attentive but unobtrusive. We would definitely return to this restaurant again

Reviewed 7 April 2018

My wife and I had fish and chicken dishes and were impressed by the delicate flavoring of the fish dish and the well prepared sauce of the chicken dish.
I left my credit card on the counter and a staff member kept it safe till I could retrieve it the following day.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is overpriced for food that is barely mediocre. The only thing good here is the warm bread and olive oil. Lamb is over cooked. Chicken is not well seasoned ed. Wait staff is brittle and surly. Stay away!

1  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Service by one of the waiters was exceptionally poor, even hostile. He was condescending, dismissive and deliberately rude (he's about 5'4', has black hair, a mustache and appeared to be in his late 20's).

Extremely unprofessional; he threw the book with the receipt on the table and was so condescending. As many other reviews mention, the staff is unfriendly and virtually all male.

Mediocre food, reasonably priced, fine location. Awful service. Do not recommend.

1  Thank RM C
Reviewed 1 March 2018

I'm a regular at Pasha and I've enjoyed the quietness of this restaurant for years now. I sometimes meet neighborhood people there and often bring my ELDERY client for dinner. Tonight after my client left the restaurant the owner very rudely approached me and accused my client of having an offensive odor, which is untrue. My client and I spent the day together and this is the second restaurant that we have eaten at. Besides my client is very clean and I would have noticed an odor. Then I remembered that my client had left for half an hour and returned with a plant that had a very strong fragrance that the owner obviously mistook for stench. The owner lied that my elderly client had sat around for an hour smelling up his restaurant and told me if it happens again he couldn't return. Needless to say, I will NEVER step foot in Pasha again.

2  Thank RosaBM5