“Real ethiopian foods”

Cuisines: African
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 1 December 2017

My dentist is originally from Addis Ababa and his father still leave there.
So when I decided to "discover" the real ethiopian food I asked to him for a recommendation and this is the place he suggested........I had a fantastic experience.......thanks Doctor.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

This was great food and great service. The food portions were abundant and i would recommend the avocado appetizer. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I️ have been coming here for years and the food has always been great. I️ never expect good service (they’re incredibly inattentive and could care less about you) but the food has always made up for it. Recently they have changed it so that the portion sizes are smaller, which was disappointing but tolerable. My most recent visit though was the worst. I️ heard from a friend who has come with me for years as well that it has gone down hill, and this visit our food came out cold after waiting almost 30 minutes for it. When we asked the waitress to heat it up, she dismissed us and argued that everyone got the same thing and refused to do anything about it. We ate the cold food and paid the $20. All in all, this place used to be so amazing, but I️ don’t think I️ can recommend it anymore. There are much better Ethiopian places in nyc and I️ will be looking for a new usual. I️ suggest you do the same!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The food was excellent, reasonably priced, and the best I've had since my visit to Ethiopia. The actual restaurant was small and crowded, and the service left something to be desired, but it didn't even matter.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

What this tiny restaurant lacks in decor and ambiance they more than make up for in good food and service. The restaurant is below the street, in a narrow room -- you shouldn't go there for the view. But, the staff that work there are warm and welcoming. And the food was excellent!