“Tiny restaurant with great food and great service…”

Meskerem Ethiopian Cuisine
Ranked #2,824 of 14,918 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: African
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 4 July 2017

What this tiny restaurant lacks in decor and ambiance they more than make up for in good food and service. The restaurant is below the street, in a narrow room -- you shouldn't go there for the view. But, the staff that work there are warm and welcoming. And the food was excellent!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

As a vegetarian, there were plenty of options for me on the menu. I ordered the dish that gives you a sample of the various vegetarian dishes. It was delicious. The food comes on top of a bread that is unique and wonderful.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

My first visit to this restaurant, and my first time trying Ethiopian-- it's one of those blink-and-you'll-walk-right-by places, but I'm so glad we picked it for lunch.

I never knew Ethiopian food was so delicious!
We tried a dish called "Doro Wat": chicken leg seasoned with onions, garlic and fresh ginger then sauteed with butter and red wine finished with berbere (ground red pepper). served with hard-boiled egg. It was reasonably priced, and enough for 4 people.

1  Thank Veronique P
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I love their food even though the portions have become much smaller. Very tasty. I have not had anything I don't like except lamb which I don't eat. I think that's off the menu now. Combos (meat or veg) are a great way to get a tasters tour.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

The food was very different from what I usually have. The food is cheap and the waiter will ask you whether you want to share your food with others. Tried the vegetarian dishes. Must try

1  Thank Prateek A