“very Parisian”
Review of Balthazar

Balthazar
Reserve with OpenTable
Balthazar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #354 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Well made classic French food served in a side of urban chaos. Its a crowded, noisy, fun place to be.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,769)

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I am a monthly guest in this restaurant- but this time I had to write: a BIG CHAPEAU! Everything, from the bar (eating in the bar here is a special experience with excellent hosts), the food, the lovely ambiance.... I heartily recommend!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Went for dinner with friends and really enjoyed the food (steak frites, hamburger), the atmosphere however was a bit too much- Tables were very close together and it was noisy- Gland I visited tho-

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I just noticed I never wrote a review for this place, which is one of our favorites in NYC. We visit Balthazar each and every time we are in New York.

This time we were there on a Valentines Day. We had a late reservation, so when we got there the restaurant was not as crowded as usual.

We usually order their meat specialties, but this time we went for fish and pasta. My pappardelle with lamb was very good.

The one thing I noticed this time (after more than 10 years as a frequent guest), is that the premises are in real need of some care. I visited the ladies room and it was really dirty, as well as the stairs and mirrors.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Every time I'm in NY I go to Balthazar (located in Soho)! Be sure to book in advance because it gets VERY busy (even with a reservation, you might have to wait a few minutes). It has the atmosphere of a Parisian french brasserie.The tables are very near each other, and it's always loud, (if you are looking for a quiet place this is not it). The service is ok, but the food is delicious!!!! They have a goat cheese tart to die for! And the eggs bennedict are for sure one of the best in town. They have their own bakery right next door, be sure to give it a try as well. You wont be disappointed!!