“I love Balthazar!”
Review of Balthazar

Balthazar
Reserve with OpenTable
Balthazar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #350 of 15,765 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Every time I'm in NY I go to Balthazar (located in Soho)! Be sure to book in advance because it gets VERY busy (even with a reservation, you might have to wait a few minutes). It has the atmosphere of a Parisian french brasserie.The tables are very near each other, and it's always loud, (if you are looking for a quiet place this is not it). The service is ok, but the food is delicious!!!! They have a goat cheese tart to die for! And the eggs bennedict are for sure one of the best in town. They have their own bakery right next door, be sure to give it a try as well. You wont be disappointed!!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,865)

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Booked the restaurant for my lovely ladies birthday. The place is still great I have been a couple of times before but a few years back so hoped it would be as good. Not to worry it was awesome. Foie gras mousse and scallops with romansco cauliflower risotto for starters both superb!!! Moules and steak frites for mains both executed to perfection. We shared a perfect apple Tatin for dessert. Bread is as good as anything in France and I know my Bread!!! Service is fantastic and atmosphere and ambience is buzzing.

It's a must visit in New York!!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Been hear about 7 or 8 times over the last 10 years (sort of a must as part of the trip) and its never failed to impress.
Sunday brunch is always my fav but you need to book a while in advance.
Apple cinnamon Pancakes for me, corn beef hash & eggs for the other half & my son had a burger. Conversational basket of pastries for the table is a must too. Great coffee too. Friendly service.
Even had some cinnamon buns to go. We’ll be back.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

8am breakfast: eggs benedict and avacado toast. Food flawless. Expensive, but 100% worth it. Coffee was also good and with constant refill. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a nice lunch at the bar while our teens shopped Soho. I knew of Balthazar but used my Trip Advisor app to find a lunch placein an area of NYC I’m not as familiar with. My friend and I were looking for a late lunch spot to enjoy while our teens and friends shopped so I suggested Trying Balthazar. As it was Presidents’ Day, it was crowded, wait was about 90 minutes for a table for 2 however we were told we could wait for a seat at the bar to dine and that was fine with us!
We gave our name to the bartender and only waited 10 mins for 2 seats to open up.
The menu is French cafe inspiration, pomme frites, French onion soup, etc. there were a lot of things I would’ve enjoyed! We each had a mimosa and my friend had the blue cheese burger which she really enjoyed and I had the chicken club with avocado. Both came with pomme frites (skinny fries). I enjoyed sitting at the bar, the bartenders were attentive and it was great to have that option as we were hungry and didn’t want to wait for a table. I enjoyed the bustle of the place. We each paid $50 for lunch with tip. A little pricy for a $26 sandwich & $25 burger, i didn’t see the price of the mimosa but it must’ve been abt $15! Wish I double checked the bill as $100 for sandwich lunch & 1 drink for 2 was more then I expected but it was a treat & im still trying to figure how it added up to $100!
All in all a fun trendy spot.