“Standard Starbucks”

Ranked #331 of 447 Quick Bites in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Can't complain, but nothing interesting here. Busy because it is in NYC. Crowded. Same coffee as any Starbucks, so you get what you expect.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Came here while waiting for my Amtrak train to Baltimore last June. I just ordered some cookies and a cold brew.This location was far too crowded and I was glad to leave as soon as I got word that my train was arriving at Penn Station.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I was soooo happy to find a Starbucks since I needed some caffeine but I was not impressed with the layout of this store. Registers to the back and to the side, I believe the ones in the back were for drinks and the ones on the side were for food. There was confusion for everyone going to order and the pickup location was on the side. Sort of unnerving was when I ordered I had asked for stevia in my latte but was told I had to go and grab the packet and wait over on the side and place it in my drink once it had been made. Never had to do that one before everywhere else they have it back there to put it in. Even at the original Starbucks in Seattle. Just an odd layout, perhaps its too large for what it is there to do?

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This is coming up on yelp as 1 Penn Plaza but I believe its now 2 Penn Plaza. This used to be my favorite Starbucks, especially since they remodeled it and made it HUGE! It's right in between the LIRR and the 1,2,3 subway, so you can grab some food or a drink quickly while your changing transportation. I visit this Starbucks almost every morning to grab a bagel and drink before I get on my next train and as of lately there has been this one particular young lady warming food during the AM rush. Her performance method on warming is poor. She is slow as hell! My drinks always come out quicker than my bagel. They have four ovens to warm food, however they only utilize two and they added a slow employee alongside that. This doesn't make sense. This process of using only two ovens would work if this young lady was faster. During rush hour, staff needs to have assignments that will optimize the workflow. When I asked the young lady about my bagel, she completely ignored me which is poor customer service. At least acknowledge the customer, even if you can't provide a clear answer. I was so fed up, I went to the manager and asked for a refund because this young lady was making me late for work AGAIN. Penn station has too many other vendors within the concourse that can service me, such as Au Bon Pain. I will have to start spending my money some place else because this system management has in place at this Starbucks is not working. There needs to be some reassignments based on the customer flow that is coming in around a certain time of day.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

On the 3rd day of training I discovered there was a Starbucks on the 1st floor. Service was slow but the same wonderful lattes