“Solid spot for lunch”
Review of The Smith

The Smith
Reserve with OpenTable
The Smith is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #834 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: 63rd Street
Transit: 1 Train at 66th and Broadway. A, B, C, D at 59th Street and Columbus.
Description: The Smith is a casual American Brasserie with three upbeat locations in New York City: The Smith East Village, The Smith Midtown and The Smith Lincoln Center. Utilizing local products and purveyors, the breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner menus feature a selection of familiar bistro dishes. Diners at The Smith Lincoln Center can also choose from our hand-picked wine list and full raw seafood bar. The Smith attracts colleagues for a drink after work, business dinners, a quick bite or drink before a show, late night revelers, families for Sunday brunch and more. Offering private rooms at all locations, guests can stop by for all occasions.
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Two of us shared the bucatini, calamari, and squash salad. Everything was good, ambience great, service was attentive, and price was reasonable, though bordering on a little high. All told, would stop in again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This place has a clean, warm, lively, not-over-the-top delivery. 862 247 6789It's great for dates, catching up with friends, or a family dinner. It has a French decor vibe but the food is a hodgepodge of culture ... without being overly exotic.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Everyone. You must go to The Smith for breakfast from the ambiance, the service, the food, the coffee. Omg. It was the best. I had the Egg White omelette , wheat toast and the complimentary homemade breakfast. I can’t tell you what a delight it was. It’s worth the trip. Go today!!! Don’t walk run!!!!

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This place has a great atmosphere and delicious food! My friend did not like the Bloody Mary but I loved the mimosa and avocado toast. Great location, about a 2 minute walk from Central Park.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

If you have have children who are picky eaters and find yourself in the Lincoln Center area your choices are very limited. I needed a restaurant near Time Warner that was comfortable, reasonable, and had a menu with basics for my kids but something extra for me and my wife. The Smith fit the bill.

We had a lunch reservation which, when we arrived, did not seem like it was necessary but within 30 minutes became clear was essential. We were immediately seated in a comfortable booth and handed menus containing a wide selection of dining choices. I had a nice pasta with a meat ragu which I thoroughly enjoyed. The wife and kids also enjoyed their food leading to a harmonious meal. The ambience inside the restaurant has a downtown vibe which was good by me and provided a nice break from Christmas shopping. Overall I enjoyed the meal more than expected and will return in the future.