“The Spicy Rig and Meatballs!”
Review of Carbone

Carbone
Ranked #1,312 of 14,918 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Greetings,

This place has been a hot spot for some time now. Talked about in Drake and Nas songs. While we were there Green Day and Jonah Hill came in. After months of talking about it and trying to get a normal reservation myself and some coworkers came went. You need to make a reservation a month out usually to get a normal dinner res. (Example you would email 8/6 for a reservation for 9/6). You can get other times but usually it would be like 2:00pm or 10:45pm.

The atmosphere is old school Italian.They start you off with an amazing cheese/meat and bread basket. The service as you would expect from fine dining is top notch. The spicy rigatoni vodka and meatballs are some of the best I have had. I also got the Cherry pepper ribs which I wasn't a fan of. The co-workers got the Cesar salad (They ask if you want anchovies) and veal and loved it. My co-workers and I loved it so much we are going back the end of this month. Obviously it can be pricey but I am telling you its so worth it. Treat yourself!

Create Memories!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I had high hopes of this place and boy did it deliver. The prices aren’t cheap but for the level of service and food quality you get, people are happy to pay. Don’t miss the vodka spiced rigatoni, veal Parmesan and Cesar salad (made table side)! Make sure you save enough room for the dessert trolley that comes around too.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Good afternoon!

I tried to contact the management before sending out this review. But since it’s impossible to talk to somebody even at the restaurant here’s my review and I hope this situation could be fixed in the future for others.

Food was good.... But the service was the worst we ever had in the city. I was just thinking if I should post this review. Since there’s no way to contact management thru a phone call I’ve decided to write a review and hopefully next time we or others will get a better service treatment.
I went for lunch this afternoon to the famous Carbone, I just want to tell you if you know what’s a good Italian restaurant like IL Gabiano, Ermínia you won’t be very impressed with this place.
We sat down on time and a waiter named BEN came to attend us. My husband ordered a vodka and I order a glass of cabernet which cost $38 a glass. So I asked for a glass of ice on the side and he looked at me gave me a dirty look and said what????!!!!! And I said to him I like a red wine with a cube of ice, he also didn’t like that. ( Anyways, I’m paying so I can drink my wine the way I want, right!!!!).
It was lunch time and the place wasn’t so busy, but he stared at us pushing for the order, my husband had a few questions about the menu since it was our first time there. Ben with a very bad attitude didn’t like that.... There’s also a table right next to us that they were waiting a friend that was running late, he went to them and said you have to order something. Ridiculous! The resultant was quite empty at 3pm.
So back to us.... My husband asked him if the BASS ALISSON was a fish, Ben got so upset with his question and answer WITH AN ATTITUDE: WHAT ANIMAL WOULD BE BESIDES FISH WITH THE NAME BASS?! So rude.... I couldn’t believe that I went all the way from Miami to wasted my day off to be treated like that! So my husband very politely told him, ok, we can order the appetizers, but I need 5 minutes for the main course. He gave us another attitude and said you have to order now. I looked at BEN and said.... DID YOU HEAR HIM? He said he needs 5 minutes!!! What an attitude right there!

So we order the famous spice rigatoni (which was delicious!) also a meat balls. Which contains pork and came raw, we asked Ben the server if the meatballs contain pork because it was very uncooked inside and he said that the way it is! Very rude.... By the way never, but never eat pork meat uncooked you could end up in a hospital with Trichinosis.
We left the meat balls and waited for the branzino fish, it was good, but by the time our main course came this guy BEN already ruined the whole vibe of our lunch, he really ruined our afternoon out which was supposed to be a fun and enjoyable lunch end up being a disaster. To finish right after our main course we told the server Ben that we were going to take a full order of spice rigatoni to go. He was so mean and unprofessional that we had our main course and had to wait 30 minutes at the table to get the order of pasta to go. I’m sure he didn’t order right away when we asked because the restaurant was empty and our appetizers arrived so fast at the table. And I just got home and opened the pasta bowl to check and it looks like he order a half order, but we paid $32.
Anyways, we paid $273.27 + tips for our lunch and to have a terrible experience with the service. The waiter BEN ruined our entire lunch, I would not recommend this place to anybody, there’s plenty of good places with Michelin stars around the city. Chef Mario Carbone and his team should retrain their staff... because the food could be amazing, but if the service is horrível people won’t come back for sure! Employees are the face of your company.

Melinna Gottesman

Here’s a picture of our check and also the rigatoni to go that Ben made us wait 30 minutes after we finish lunch.

8  Thank Melfuertes
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our meal and overall experience recently at Carbone for our first wedding anniversary.

I ordered the spicy rigatoni vodka which I would rate as average for NYC standards. My wife ordered the fettuccine con funghi and did not care for it.

Food aside, what we consider inexcusable was the poor and disinterested level of service for what is marketed as an elegant and unpretentious restaurant. Our main server did not care to ask us at any point how our meal was or if we could be offered something else that may have been more to our liking. They did notice however that my wife barely touched her food and made it a point to huddle up with the rest of the staff and single her out in front of everyone else. Nothing was done to address the situation and that was the biggest disappointment.

We expected a lot more in terms of the food, but most importantly, we were very disappointed with the level of service. We would not recommend this restaurant as a pleasant dining experience.

6  Thank Roberto H
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Four of us shared cap reset and ceasar salad veal parm the best spicy rigatoni and mushroom pasta excellent
This is a go to restarant when in town prices are high but worth it in quality and service.