“Good beer, great French food”
Review of Maison Harlem

Maison Harlem
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Harlem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #527 of 15,864 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Maison Harlem is a small bar on St Nic Ave & 137th in Harlem, right across from the 125th St ACBD metro station. The bar serves very affordable good beers and a small very French menu. The duck confit was amazing as well as the cauliflower gratine. The other dishes at the table, couscous and sliders, looked great as well. Pricing was ok within NYC standards. All in all a good choice.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Cozy, busy, lively, full of interesting people. We dined on the light side, a tuna tartare for both myself and my husband, which was fine and fresh, although the "homemade" chips could have been a few more. We then had a tangy lemon pie and a delicate crème brulee. Two marguerita to start, in big substantial glasses. Can't complain about that either.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

I am giving this restaurant a good review, though we did experience a few blips in service. The manager was really good about it, though, and handled our dinner in a very classy way, making it up to us. That said, it did affect our meal. The waitress seemed to be off the mark" that night. We waited 40 minutes just for a bread basket, asked for it twice, after the third time, she admitted they ran out of bread and were getting more from their the restaurant down the street. Would have been far nicer to be told that up front. After waiting 45 minutes for our appetizers, the server came out with our main course instead! We sent it back and they came with the correct appetizers, a bit afterwards. They were very good- burrata and authentic french onion soup. The 3 other people in our party ordered cous-cou, which they said they liked. My meal took forever to arrive! The waitress said it was coming right up, but it arrived when my family was 3/4 finished with their meal. I ordered the duck and it was very good. It came with a cauliflower puree that was delicious. The manager apologized and took my meal off our bill as a result of the mix-ups. We had chocolate mousse and creme brûlée for dessert. The mousse was fabulous, the brûlée was forgettable (had an odd lemon flavor to it that I wasn't crazy about). All told, the food was good, the ambiance very nice, and I would go back and I would recommend this restaurant. I would hope our next experience would run more smoothly and that this was the exception here. I appreciated how the manager handled the situation.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

we enjoyed a fantastic late night delicious meal with 'live' band and quaint atmosphere! absolutely LOVED it!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We went here in a whim and for an adventure. Even found parking on the street nearby. The food was great and the service was wonderful. Stephan, who had a French accent was helpful and attentive. The bread and water were refilled without asking and the service was a bit slow but we didn't care. The salads were great and the sausages delicious. The wine was reasonably priced as were the mains for the quality. We skipped desert. Much easier for us to cross the Hudson than the Atlantic.