“Fun night with Linda playing Bingo!”
Review of Le Poisson Rouge

Le Poisson Rouge
Ranked #3,223 of 15,870 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Great find by my goddaughter! What a blast! Bingo with lovely Linda, her asteemed assistant Curtsy, and DJ, made for a fun evening. we sat at the bar, and Priscilla took excellent care of us. I even won a toy dog! Very entertaining evening!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

What a superb evening playing bingo! Our hostess with the mostest Linda was entertaining, witty and fun. Together with her assistant and DJ Formika, playing Whitney, Britney, Madonna and other classics, the trio kept us in hysterics for most of the evening.

The venue is small so be sure to arrive early to ensure a seat. It is best to reserve if you're a big party. The drinks were a very reasonable price and at a couple of points during the game, they spin a drinks wheel and the resulting drink is on special for a set period of time. The real highlight are the comedy prizes which you want to win! I was lucky enough to win a dashboard hula doll, but other treats on offer included inflatable cupcakes, glittery toilet brush, 3D artwork of prancing horses, light up plastic sword, amongst other things. There is a cash prize for the final game.

My husband was dubious about going but he said he hadn't laughed so much in ages and would recommend this to anyone. It didn't feel smutty or overtly sexual, the humour was done cleverly, which is what I like. Please go if you get the chance.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Was there to see Cruel Intentions the musical and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. The performers were all incredible. They did bring more humor to the show then the movie but then again we are also seeing live facial reactions. Unfortunately their was a misunderstanding with our purchase of tickets, & we didn't know their was drink/meal minimum. The manager was accommodating to us & we purchased our drinks and still had a great time. We also had great seats. Thumbs up to the manager and look forward to going back to this venue to see more shows.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I was there with a friend for a dancing party on 17 February and the ambiance was really good: good vibe, good music, good crowd, great space (not too big) for a party that felt pleasantly like a house party, good drinks. The only discordant note was a very rude bartender, Hilary. She kept my drink on the counter without giving it to me, while she listened to some coworker talking to her. When I asked for my drink, she still didn't give it to me claiming, with an unpleasant attitude, that she did not know whether my friend and I were paying separately or together and that she was waiting for my friend to decide what she wanted to drink (!). When I said that I wanted to pay for both drinks, mine and my friend's, she finally handed my drink to me and then automatically added a 20% tip to my check without giving me the chance to choose how much to tip her. Later on, we ordered our drinks from another bartender, Laura, who was kind and friendly and did not add automatically a gratuity to the check, letting us choose how much to tip her based on her service. Reminder for the management: the people who work for you can make the success or the failure of your business in the long run.

Gal L, Marketing Director at Le Poisson Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Ella,

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience at the bar. Please contact marketing@lprnyc.com - we would like to make it up to you!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

God the Cruel Intentions musical is awesome. Exceeded all of my expectations in every way. We just bought the general admission tickets. Most angles have the view partially obstructed, which is a pain but if you find the right position you are ok. I didn't mind as much in the sense that you have immediate bar access. My only critique is that Blaine's hair wasn't bleach blonde like in the movie. Other than that, super awesome