1,660 results
All reviews madison square garden rooftop bar great location new york city view free breakfast times square freedom tower the breakfast area yogurt half block king suite front desk staff would definitely stay here again empire state building the high line midtown manhattan
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I took the train up for Comic Con and am so glad I stayed at the Fairfield! The location could not be beat (literally steps fr the station but also Madison Square Gardens). Our room was exactly what we requested (feather free!) And the staff was super helpful - especially at the rooftop bar! We appreciated the breakfast offerings and their willingness to help out luggage until our train. Thanks Fairfield Inn!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank vchittenden
GustavoR4073, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear vchittenden,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor! I am happy to hear your Comic Con trip was a success and your stay with us was convenient. We thank you for your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We ended up here after a TERRIBLE experience at the Element. What a blessing in disguise!!!

This was a home run!!! Room was clean and spacious. Rooftop bar with happy hour a complete bonus. And the breakfast buffet was not all carbs! There was omelettes, Canadian bacon, bacon, sausage, etc. Absolutely wonderful.

Staff was welcoming and friendly. Will definitely return!

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank SunshineWonderland
GustavoR4073, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear SunshineWonderland,

Thank you for the 5 bubble review as it is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear we were a better fit and thank you for your recommendation! We thank you for your business and look forward to you return.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I was here for one night for business. Wouldn’t want to stay much longer.

The hotel was very busy and any interaction with reception involved long waits. Check-in was a zoo, long lines. Process itself was ok once I got attended to but they need more staff.

The Lifts (elevators) seemed to stop at every floor regardless of whether there was someone waiting.

The room was tiny and cramped, the bathroom was really tiny.

No stupid lighting and temperature controls that you can’t work out (the ones that are like an IQ test), just straightforward switches which is always a bonus.

Temperature control was fine, and the room was quiet.

The bed was large and very comfortable.

The tiny bathroom was clean and functional, but the shower was over the bath which feels like the 1970s. Felt more like something in a motel. Terrible shower controls - who designs these things?

At least the bathroom doesn’t have those stupid little pedal bins that fall over when you step on the pedal. Who designs such a stupid bin that’s taller than it is wide so it will always fall over?

Breakfast was ok. However, note to management: if you want to give a really downmarket impression of your hotel, don’t provide metal cutlery and ceramic cups and plates, go for plastic and paper, it’s really classy. I hate this in American hotels and can only think of all the landfill just to avoid paying someone to wash real plates.

Coffee was the usual American chain hotel brown water.

Location is good for Times Square etc but you’re not really in the Square. Lots of restaurants around in Hell’s Kitchen.

Wi-fi was ok, not super-fast but worked everywhere. I think it is free but not sure as I get it free with my SPG membership.

All in all, average on most fronts. Nothing special. Plastic knives and forks and paper plates make it feel like a motel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
JayS3886, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your extensive feedback regarding multiple aspects of the hotel. We will be sharing this feedback with the appropriate department heads to see what areas we can improve upon. We hope to serve you again on your next trip into New York City.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We recently had a great 4 night stay at Fairfield Inns and Suites Penn Station which was in a fab location. The room was clean and had everything we needed, although we prefer a kettle to a coffee maker, that's just us. We were facing the Post Office which was undergoing extensive renovations but we didn't hear anything and for the price we paid we can't really complain. The breakfast was reasonably good and a fair amount to choose from and we especially liked the waffle maker. We werent bothered by the paper plates or plastic knives and forks and coffee was always available in the lobby. The staff were all really pleasant and helpful in all departments, especially John on the night shift who answered all my questions and made recommendations when I grilled him on every subject as I was having problems adjusting to the time difference! Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Emma W,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review and recommendation. We are please to hear that you thought we were and excellent location. We sincerely thank you for your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights last month. I had selected this hotel for its location - easy to get to by public transport from JFK - and due to its high rating on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Our room was on the 15th floor at the rear of the building, so not much of a view but also virtually no noise from the building works going on across the road from the hotel. The room was actually bigger than I had been expecting and everything was spotlessly clean. The bed was huge and really comfortable and we had no issues sleeping. The free breakfast was really good and we had no issues finding a table each morning. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We returned from sightseeing late one afternoon to find our room hadn't been made up and, when I contacted reception in case we had been overlooked, they explained that the housekeepers work until 7pm, but offered to send somebody immediately. As others have said in their reviews, the lifts were a little slow on a couple of occasions but this did not impact on our stay. The rooftop bar has a happy hour and was a beautiful place to chill after a hectic day sightseeing. I highly recommend this hotel and, if we are ever in New York again, will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at the back of the building, if you don't mind sacrificing the best view.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Celica190,

Thank you for the 5 bubble review as it is greatly appreciated! We are happy to hear you had time to enjoy our amenities and found them both convenient and pleasant. We thank you for your business and look forward to your return. Cheers!