“Great location and good food”

Brother Jimmy's BBQ
Ranked #1,716 of 15,928 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Kips Bay
Cross street: 31st Street
Transit: 6 train to 33rd Street.
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I arrived on a Friday evening and wanted to catch the NCAA basketball tournament while grabbing something quick to eat. Receptionist at our hotel suggested this place. I'm glad she did because I had a great meal while catching all of the games going on. A noisy pub but that's what Friday happy hour at a sports bar normally sounds like. Friendly waitress and decent southern cooking. I had pulled pork and my wife had a trio of sides such as collard greens, mac & cheese, and baked beans. Great beer selection as well.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We have eaten at two other Brother Jimmy's BBQ joints in NYC and this is no different food wise. The room and bar with packed with young singles and if that's your bag then this is the place for you. We had rather bland merlot wines and I had a brisket with roll and fries. My wife had fried green tomatoes and spicy chicken wings. Both dishes were pedestrian at best and even the Brother Jimmy's spice bottles failed to liven them up. Our server really tried to be quick but the place is so crowded and the music system so loud we lost her for awhile. Prices are normal Manhattan which means more than average.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 11 March 2016

A great bbq restaurant but don't go unless you're starving ,very generous portions with no need for a starter reasonably priced and very tasty

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 11 March 2016

THis is a great combo of sports bar and good BBQ food. Americans seem to look down on it as it's a chain, but I thought the food was great and loved the fact the sports was on.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 4 March 2016

We had been eating here several times during our holiday in New York. The service is great and the food is amazing! Nice southern decoration in the restaurant :)

Date of visit: February 2016