“Fun place to visit!” 4 of 5 bubbles

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun place to visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I went there quite a few years back, so I really don't remember too much from it. It was cool to go there and say I've been because there is so many floors and do much to see. I have a doll I got when I was quite young, so to see all the stuff they have in that store was amazing to a little girl.

• Korean first
Wilmington, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“AWESOME EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I took our granddaughter for her 5th Birthday. to the American Girl Place. The store is amazing and arranged for a personal shopper. Kim Sanchez was very friendly, knowledgable about the dolls and made my granddaughter feel like she was very 'SPECIAL'. We never felt rushed or obligated to buy clothes, accessories, etc. We purchased a "look alike doll" with matching tee shirts. The pictures I took are precious - for two hours on the train she talked about Kim and the store. The lunch in the cafe was very good and the waiter sang "Happy Birthday" and had a candle in the dessert. I would recommend making a trip to NYC and visiting the American Girl Place for a wonderful experience a girl will ALWAYS remember. My special thanks goes to Kim for her outstanding service.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank ARLEEN58
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit even better if you have a American Girl doll collection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Situated in Mid town Manhattan (parking about 2 blks. away) in the neighborhood of Rockefeller Center. It occupies the first 3 floors in a building with elevator / escalator . The floors have exhibits of the dolls in settings of the various time periods they are modeled after. I went with my wife, and 7 year old daughter (who had started a collection of the American Girl dolls). They have all the accessories for the dolls plus a hair salon(just for the dolls) ,hospital(for doll repairs), tee shirt shop(matching tee shirts for doll and owner) and a cafe( that's in a separate review). Overall it was a great experience we all enjoyed !

1 Thank guy3x
Long Island, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“If you are interested in the American Girl Doll,this is a must see”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

A three story store in mid town Manhattan features the entire collection of these dolls and the accessories that go with them. We ( my wife and 7 yr. old daughter) had reservations at their cafe that was pretty good(food was good as well as the service ). They even had a chair for my daughters doll that fit on the edge of the table! The top floor had a salon for the dolls and they also had a shop that sells matching tee shirts for doll and owner. The prices are what you would expect in Manhattan $$$.
It was a nice place to visit .

South Florida, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A little girls dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

My mother, sister neice and I went for my neice's 7th birthday this past week. the store opened at 10 and we arrived around 9:45 to a few people in line and by 10 the line was around the corner. The store is 3 floors of a little girls dream. We first went to the conceirge desk to check in. Then we jotted up the escalator to the hair salon where my neice could choose between 20 hair syles and ear piercing what she wanted done to her dolls. The hair stylists were very friendly. We then shopped and shopped and shopped until my neice had her photo appt. where she was able to pose with her dolls and for a fee of course the picture could be printed on top of an American Girl catalog. We also enjoyed lunch in the Daisy Room it was delicious and they provided little chairs for the dolls so that they could sit at the table with you. (They also have loaner dolls incase there is a child without their doll) Since it was my neice's b-day my sister had prearranged for a birthday lunch so party hats for the birthday girl and her dolls as well as a birthday cake were provided. After almost 5 hours and purchases had been made we left with smiles and happy memories. the expericene was expensive but if it is in the budget it is worth it!

2 Thank TravelingLadyT