Open today: 10:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
American girl doll place

It's a beautifully made and set up place- a wonderland for little girls. We booked a salon... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Aviva F
via mobile
Heaven for every little girl!

This store is wonderful in and of itself with the incredible selection of dolls and doll stuff and... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from US$54.95
from US$37.00
from US$66.00
More Info
All reviews personal shopper ag store ear piercing doll hair salon bitty baby great store new york cupcakes rockefeller center dolls outfit floor clothing nyc shoppers merchandise excitement
Reviewed 15 March 2012

As a Christmas gift for our 12 year old daughter we splurged on a girls weekend in NYC with the main attraction being American Girl (dad stayed home with baby brother). It was a wonderful experience. I had booked a personal shopper for 10:30am. We arrived a few minutes early & went directly up to the personal shopping room. Our personal shopper Maria arrived & she was wonderful, so friendly & amazingly helpful. Her & my daughter went thru the catalogue and my daughter quickly picked out the items she wanted to potentially purchase. My aunt was along with us & Maria also helped her secretly pick out a Christmas present for my daughter. While Maria was gathering our items we went to check out the store & to pick up a few exclusives. It was CRAZY busy by then. Busier than I have ever seen ANY store in my life. After that madness I was so happy to be able to return to the quiet room & comfy couches to look over everything Maria had found for us. Once we were done we were able to check out right there...NO lineups!! Getting out of the store was total madness because of the crowds....people were even lined up outside to get IN. That is something I have never in my life experienced!
We will be back, even though my daughter is soon approaching her teens years AG is more of a collection/hobby than simply a doll.
Also as an added bonus about a month before our visit I had called the store & purchased a few Kanani items before they sold out & was able to simply pick them up when we arrived in NYC. I was emailed a receipt so I would have proof of purchase. I noticed on the bottom of the receipt a website to fill out a survey. I filled out a survey and soon after our visit to NYC I received an email saying I had won a $100 American Girl gift card. The gift card arrived personalized with my daughter's name & she was able to get a free doll (I paid for the shipping & a couple extra items).

We couldn't be happier with our experience at American Girl Place New York.

Date of experience: December 2011
1  Thank Carla V
Reviewed 12 March 2012

They can treat you anyway they want because they have no competition. We bought our daughter an American Doll a year ago, the eyebrow got rubbed out. We called the main call center and we spoke to the supervisor Michelle. She told us to go down to the NYC store and they will replace the doll with a new one.
We take a trip to the store , go to customer service and they tell us that they never heard of that and we have to send it to the hospital and pay $39 to apply a new eyebrow.

Date of experience: March 2012
6  Thank nokidsathilton
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My ten year old daughter and I had dinner at the American Girl Cafe to celebrate our weekend together. My daughter loved the food. There are special chairs for the dolls to sit at the table with you. It was a fun night.

Date of experience: February 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The layout was great, I loved the fact that the dolls for the younger girls were separate from the dolls for the older girls. My daughters and I had a great time, my only complant is the price. We purchased the bitty twins they came with an adorable argyle outfit. My 4 yr old wanted more clothes for the dolls but In my opinion the clothing and accessories are definitely overpriced and I consider myself a middle class working parent and I refuse to pay 25 and up for doll clothes. But overall I loved the experience and we will take one more trip to have pictures taken

Date of experience: February 2012
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We are big American girl fans, and the store in New York was perfect for us. We did the American Girl Day at the Rink, which includes ice skating at Rockefeller Center and lunch at the American Girl Daisy cafe. The skating event was wonderful. American Girl Place gave us hot cocoa and blueberry muffins. It's $9 to rent skates, which it does not say on the website. Lunch at the restaurant included appetizers, entrees, desert and drinks. There was a cute snow man cookie and a hairbow at each seat. Overall, a great experience.

Date of experience: January 2012