“Avoid staying here!!!”
Review of World Hotel

World Hotel
Ranked #454 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 May 2011

What I have encountered here that the room is not well ventilated. I asked the front desk to make the room colder or at least add the fan speed and told me that he can't (with an attitude) because the a/c is centralized. So i asked if he has an available fan for me to borrow but again with an attittude that he say that he dont have. Well it seems that i'm gonna be stuck here for 2 nights without any ventillation!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Kunaths

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Good value, good location, but bring earplugs... the walls are paper thin!
The front desk is friendly and helpful; the place was in a good location in the middle of China Town and within walking distance of subways and tasty restaurants, not to mention SoHo and Little Italy, But while we stayed, people were loud at night and not at all courteous to other guests. We only used our hotel for sleeping and showering, as we were out most of the day and into the night. Basically, you get what you pay for. It was a decent place, not a five star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fire7623
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. (I was on a Business Trip in NY) I did not check any reviews before booking as I didn't have time for it. The hotel is really horrifying. The rooms are so small!!! The furniture is old. The smell is bad. I supposed to stay longer in this hotel, but I could not sleep there so I booked another hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank larry_downy
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I am not pretentious. I was born in a poor country and can put up with inconvenience. I thought I was getting a bargain with NYC prices being what they are. Wrong!! This was ten times worse than the worst I had ever experienced in communist times Romania. Service zero. Room smelled really bad. Very dirty. One bathroom/shower per floor, Dirty! Room size exactly 4 by 8 feet. No window, no ventilation, almost 100 degrees while 55 outside. Did I mention dirty and stinky? I considered sleeping in the park... A homeless shelter is better. Really!

• Stayed: October 2010
4  Thank JohnQConsummer
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Two words: Bed bugs.

My friend stayed here because we were attending a wedding and she needed accommodations. Before the wedding I went to change in her room, only to learn she had squished a "watermelon seed-size" bug. After a quick inspection and simple Google search, I learned it may be a bed bug. Then I looked around the tiny room for her and noted signs of random dried up blood in various area.

Then she told the front desk, but they didn't do anything to resolve the situation. Before we left for the wedding, they offered to give her a new room. Yet they made no attempt to resolve the bed bug issue.

(Cheap) Travelers beware, this place is very likely to have a BED BUG INFESTATION and the owners/managers have no intention of rectifying this situation.

• Stayed: October 2010