Review Highlights
Great place to hear live jazz

Went there for the first time recently and saw a great jazz combo, I would suggest getting there... read more

Reviewed 21 October 2018
Angry J
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Wonderful Quartet !!! Great Jazz ~~!!!

Two years ago we visited here - enjoyed the jazz and hoped that we shall not be disappointed !! It... read more

Reviewed 8 October 2018

from US$102.37
from US$35.00
from US$98.75
More Info
All reviews blue smoke danny meyer arrive early to get a good talented musicians great sound intimate venue great acoustics booked tickets new york stage performance nyc acts
Reviewed 5 December 2011

if you like jazz this is as good as any - and you can enjoy the barbecue of blue smoke while there.

Date of experience: December 2011
1  Thank tomay
Reviewed 22 October 2011

After searching for a good jazz venue for our upcoming visit to NYC, I chose Jazz Standard over all the competition and hoped for the best. Melissa Morgan, who I hadn't heard of before was the star of the evening.
I purchased my tickets for the early seating about a month ahead of time. My wife and I arrived @ 6:30pm and were walked in and asked if we wanted the best seats in the house. Who would argue with that? We were seated in truly great seats on a slightly elevated deck about 20 feet from the stage. We proceeded to order the food- My wife had the seafood special and I had the BBQ sampler and had them add some Brisket. We both felt the food was great. I was very pleased with the quality of the service and the food.
Once Melissa came on stage, my wife and I were in AWE. She was remarkable. There is something special about seeing a truly great singer in person. Her band was great, and she even had a few friend/musicians that came to see her perform and she called them up to play for a couple of songs.
Melissa Morgan was so good, we decided to pay and stay for her second set and just enjoyed our wine. That night was the best money I've ever spent. We were lucky to have had the opportunity to enjoy the music and the food in a great venue.

Thanks Jazz Standard, and thank you too Melissa Morgan for a great night!

Date of experience: October 2011
2  Thank Steve11123
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Outstanding jazz club with great musiciens and sophisticated food. We went to this place in one of Cyrus Chestnut nights and had great time. They have 3 sessions per night and ours was at 21.30. Waiters are very polite and helpful. Other guests were also respectful to the music So there was no noise while the musiciens were playing. I'd definitely recommend Filet Mignon and chocolaté cake. Go there and have a great night.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We saw a terrific performance -- Dr. Lonnie Smith Nonet (he performed with nine other musicians, including guitarist Jonathan Kreisberg). they were fabulous!

and the food at the Jazz standard is excellent - deviled eggs, watermelon gazpacho, veggie burgers. and for those of you who ea meat - ribs.

Date of experience: August 2011
Reviewed 26 July 2011

At least that's my conclusion after a fantastic night listening to the Mingus Orchestra. I also had the pulled pork platter. Contrary to other reviews it is nothing to write home about, but who are we kidding...you can't honestly be reading this review for the food. In fact, I stopped eating a few minutes into the set because it felt like sacrilege. I can't say that I have been to other jazz spots in the city; however, if this is middle of the road, then the city has much to offer. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2011