“Well Done!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nassau City, New Providence, The Bahamas
“Well Done!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Two friends and I booked this hotel because it was very reasonably priced (by New York standards) and because it was in a good location. I was blown away by the quality of the services and the quality of the accommodations. The room was spectacular. The Guest Service Attendant who checked me in (Arturo I think--I hope I got that right) was, in a word, outstanding. When I checked in the room wasn't quite ready so he recommended I leave my bags with the bellman while I trot out to the Century 21 next door to do a bit of shopping. When I returned, the room was ready, the keys were handed to me, and he sent me up the room (on the 42nd floor). Three minutes later the luggage followed. The room had views from heaven. Just beautiful. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was pretty nice. The toiletries were a brand that I had never seen before, but they were wonderful. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
MilleniumHilton, Manager at Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
On behalf of the Millenium Hilton, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay.. We will be sure to share your comments with Arturo and his Manager... So happy he was able to make your check-in easy.. So glad to hear that you enjoyed the PeterThomas Roth toiletries, we get lots of compliements with regards to them.. Once again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (973)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Have visited before (last time was Sept. 2006) and loved the hotel @ that time.

This time?

Room is aging, wasn't as clean as it should be. Room service just so-so. Worst of all is that the staff is not as friendly and helpful. There were a couple minor technical problems but those can happen anywhere and aren't worth mentioning.

I hope improvements are made, as this property is in a terrific location and deserves to be top-notch.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
MilleniumHilton, Manager at Millennium Hilton New York Downtown, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
On behalf of the Millenium Hilton, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay.. We are sorry that you were not happy with your stay.. I will share your comments with the appropriate department heads.. I hope that you come and visit us again and that we will once again be a 5 in your eyes.
Mineola, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My girlfriend and I spent our one year anniversary at the Millenium Hilton and I must say I was amazed by the kindness and friendliness of the Front Office staff!!!! We received a very nice upgrade to a beautiful corner room on the 32nd floor, with just an amazing view of the World Trade Center and New York City. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The check-in and check-out was no problem, the room was clean and in good condition. The location is just perfect, the subway station is right in front of the hotel. We had dinner very close by the hotel, which was a bit expensive but very good. You can find everything that you need right around the corner. In overal, we both had an amazing weekend in New York City and the price to value ratio for this type of room and location was amazing. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
First, I would like to wish you a very Happy 1st Anniversary.. Thank you so much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay, we are so happy that you had such a wonderful time. Hope to see you next year and many years to come.... Thanks again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here on an impromptu trip to New York. My son and I had been a few weeks earlier (and stayed at another hotel) but we enjoyed the city so much that my husband and I decided to go. Millenium Hilton was a wonderful surprise. The room was stupendous, with breathtaking views of both rivers. The staff was incrediblem with such an eye for detail. I love this place. The price we got online was very reasonable for such a hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent weekend in New York with your husband.. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I agree we do having amazing views... Hope you come back and visit us again on your next trip to NYC with either your husband, your son or both... Have a great day.
Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This was a good stay.Checking in and out was a breeze. The room was spacious for NYC standards. Very easy to get around by train or taxi. Great view of ground zero, and WTC memorial if you are on one of the high floors. We were worried that with all the construction we were not going to get any sleep, but the room was very quiet. Room service was ok, but too pricey for what it was. Also do not get anything from mini bar, even a small bottle of water is $6. Overall It's a good alternative.

Room Tip: High floors are a must
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. The views of the World Trade Center site are quite moving. We are glad that the location worked out for your visit and hope to see you again on your next visit to New York City.