“Convenient location if new to NYC” 5 of 5 bubbles

Millenium Hilton
Ranked #227 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver
“Convenient location if new to NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Millenium Hilton for vacation for 5 days and would stay there again. Hotel was expensive but it's NYC. There are plenty of cheap restaurants within walking distance if money is a concern. (McDonalds, pizza, etc). It overlooks the WTC memorial so it's a nice way to begin and end each day. Puts things in perspective. There is a subway station behind the hotel but it took us a few trys before we found the correct entrance to it so be sure to ask the concierge specifically which side of the street it's on. Wall Street and Little Italy are within walking distance. It's not as loud in the evenings vs. midtown which we preferred. We needed a little peace after long days. Rooms were nice with granite bathrooms and plasma tv. Slightly small but it's NYC. Great location if you've never been to NYC and trying to experience the city for the first time.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank missy2823

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Great deal. Went for oysters down the street at PJ Clark's within minutes of arrival. It was a momentous experience looking out the window of our corner junior suite. Windows on both sides; the new tower in front of our room; the memory pools below. At first I wept. Then we went on to thoroughly enjoy. The room was great! and a very fair deal for the weekend.

My only negative comment...the drat elevator noise that awakened me...a light sleeper.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

If I ever return to NYC I would stay here again. The rooms were clean and beds VERY comfy! The toilet freebies were nice too. The hotel staff were very friendly but avoid the restaurant- pricey!!! The location is great too and right next to 9/11 site. Just a word of warning the cranes and building works on the site start up around 6am, and you hear a constant buzz but I was so tired after a day in the city I slept right through it. The subway is nearby and your in the city centre within 15 mins. Great place!!!

Room Tip: There´s a cafe across the road, through the park, from the west of the hotel building. It does the b...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca_Lobb
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

My partner and I stayed at Millenium Hilton in December for 5 nights and I cannot praise it enough. My partner has some medical difficulties and the hotel bent over backwards to assist me in making our stay stress free.

The room was spotless, the hotel were very friendly and efficient from the moment we arrived. NYC hotels generally are very small but at Millenium Hilton you get so much value for money, the rooms are alot bigger than most hotels.

There is a subway station right outside the hotel which takes you directly into Times Square. There is also a little deli across the road from the hotel (behind the church) that do a lovely breakfast.

I also left my earrings at the hotel which were very very expensive and when I called the hotel I was told that they had been found along with a pen and a hair clip (thats how thouroughly clean the hotel were!!) and had kept them safe for me.... GREAT SERVICE!

I travel alot for business and for leisure and this was one of my favourite trips, i would definatley 100% stay at Millenium Hilton again.

Room Tip: Corner room on a high floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Honest O
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is my second time here and both times I had a great experience. So easy to access and the view is unbelievable. The train is just there, next to the main entrance. The noise is not that annoying and the most beautiful thing is the sun hitting the buildings just in front of it and making spectacular colors. Some reports on bedbugs scared me as bugs scare me to death but the room was very clean so, in the end, I let it go and had a great night sleep

• Stayed January 2012