“Outstanding”

Better Adventures Tours
Ranked #222 of 707 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: There's no better way to see a city than with Better Adventures. Go on an urban adventure with a guide who will change the way you see NYC. Learn fascinating stories about the streets you walk through and learn the fun facts about landmarks that people often have no idea about. With friendly guides showing you a city they're passionate about this is a fun way to see NYC for locals or tourists.
Reviewed 6 October 2013

On vacation trips we have always arranged for a walking tour of cities that we visited. We have found that it is a great way to appreciate, and get a better understanding, of neighborhoods that one cannot get from a tour bus-or trying to do it on our own. We thought that it might be fun to do a walking trip in New York, even though we have lived near there most of our lives. I can say that this was better than any of the others that preceded it.
Our tour was of lower Manhattan and Chinatown. Our guide, Geovanni Rey knew, and pointed out, so many interesting things that I never would have noticed, that the 2 1/2 tour was over before we knew it. A note about Geovanni: One cannot conduct a tour like this unless the guide truly loves his work. What an outstanding individual. We asked if he conducts tours elsewhere in the city. As he does, we obtained his business card and fully intend to be in touch.

All reviews
"depth"
in 3 reviews
"brooklyn"

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Of course you do. Your tour guide, Geovanni will surprise you with some of NYC's finest ethnic foods as he walks you through the history of an area in Manhattan made famous by the the movie, "Gangs of New York". Let him take you back in time to see how radically different NYC was once upon a time.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I bought a LivingSocial voucher for a tour that I would not be able to do so the company gladly exchanged it for another tour. Thank you so much. So I decided to do the Historic Downtown to Chinatown tour. Geovanni was our tour guide again. He is a great tour guide. He is very informative and he also showed us places that I have never heard of or seen. So we started our tour near Battery Park. Then we walked towards Wall Street. We saw Trinity Church, St. Paul’s Chapel and Ground Zero. Then we headed to City Hall, saw the Brooklyn Bridge and ended in Chinatown. This was be my third tour with this company and I would take another tour with them again.

2  Thank antrec
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We did a food tour with Giovanni and loved it. The food choices were excellent and the commentary was very interesting. Giovanni was a great guide. He is knowledgeable and engaging.