“Great Historic”

Better Adventures Tours
Ranked #214 of 676 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: There's no better way to see a city than with Better Adventures. Go on an urban adventure with a guide who will change the way you see NYC. Learn fascinating stories about the streets you walk through and learn the fun facts about landmarks that people often have no idea about. With friendly guides showing you a city they're passionate about this is a fun way to see NYC for locals or tourists.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I bought a LivingSocial voucher for a tour that I would not be able to do so the company gladly exchanged it for another tour. Thank you so much. So I decided to do the Historic Downtown to Chinatown tour. Geovanni was our tour guide again. He is a great tour guide. He is very informative and he also showed us places that I have never heard of or seen. So we started our tour near Battery Park. Then we walked towards Wall Street. We saw Trinity Church, St. Paul’s Chapel and Ground Zero. Then we headed to City Hall, saw the Brooklyn Bridge and ended in Chinatown. This was be my third tour with this company and I would take another tour with them again.

2  Thank antrec
"depth"
in 3 reviews
"brooklyn"

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We did a food tour with Giovanni and loved it. The food choices were excellent and the commentary was very interesting. Giovanni was a great guide. He is knowledgeable and engaging.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Geovanni is a fantastic guide - I highly recommend the West Village and Highline tour for locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

1/12/13

In January, I took the Better Adventures - Historic Downtown to Chinatown Tour. The tour goes from bottom of Manhattan, near Battery Park, to Chinatown.

First off, while I enjoyed this tour, our initial experience dealing with the tour company was not the best -- a miscommunication about our scheduled tour date. Geovannit was also late to our tour - a fact that had seemed to have happened the previous weekend tour as well.

But regardless, he made up for it with his knowledge and personality! You can tell how much he enjoys his job and loves the city. Plus he got us amazing food at the end of the tour from nearby Chinatown restaurants (as this was a foodie tour). There's a lot of history on this tour and we visited several downtown landmarks (churches etc) before heading to Chinatown.

I enjoyed this tour very much though --- I would recommend this tour or take one of their other ones as well.

For more information (and some photos from the tour), check out my blog post: http://goo.gl/T46XV

1  Thank Kati D