“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #269 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Amsterdam
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Excellent hotel. Clean rooms, not to big but comfortable. Friendly staff and convenient location to go into town and from and to the airport. Continental breakfast included, but is not so good. And the breakfast room is very small and not accomodated to serve all the guests in the morning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank rosalie_kok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Madison, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Located in the Financial District but with an almost European feel to the location. Weekend rates are a bargain (we paid $155 Fri and Sat nights) since it can be a pretty quiet in this neighborhood once the markets close for the weekend. The room was quite spacious by Manhattan standards. Comfy beds, clean room, mini-fridge in room, quiet, good temp control...no complaints! The very small breakfast area off the lobby had pastries etc out all day and night which was nice. My only complaint is in regards to the front desk staff. A big ZERO on enthusiasm and personality. We only saw the same 2 or 3 faces there all weekend. No greetings to us ever. No concierge or doorman. Maybe it's different during the week with all the businessmen? We didn't mind overall, but it was a bit odd. Lots of Irish pubs nearby. The Union House right behind the hotel was the most lively of the 3 we went to. Would definitely stay at The Wall Street Inn again!

• Stayed February 2012
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

This small, 46 room, hotel in lower Manhattan is a great alternative to the big chains. The rooms are good size (for NY) and the price is equal or less than the going rate at other nearby establishments.

It feels like a European hotel (partly becuase of the classic architecture and it's that it borders Stone St, which is the 1st cobbled street in NY) and, although there is no bar or restaurants on site, you are close to some great places like Harry's.

This is my go to place if I am visiting the Wall Street/ Water Street area. Very comfortable.

Room Tip: look for a corner room on a high floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveler9028
New Berlin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We just returned from a 4 night stay at The Wall Street Inn. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small and didn't have much room to set things down or get ready. The bed and linens were clean and comfortable. Cleaning was done quickly in the morning as to never disrupt your stay. Breakfast was small but complete w/toast , bagels, pastries and fruit. The breakfast room was small as stated before however there is another dining room right next door that is more than large enough. The hotel is very convenient to everything IE. ferry, subway and sights. The only complaint we had was as noted before the front desk staff (especially at night) is very unwelcoming. I actually heard a guest ask the desk how to get to SOHO and their reply was "I don't know what SOHO is." WOW! Aside from that issue I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Had room overlooking S. Williams St. Had no problem with noise. However can see how Stone Street s...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I've never written a tripadvisor review but my husband and I had such a nice stay at the Wall Street Inn that I just have to let other travelers know what a great find this is. I am not a millionaire who stays in hotels half the year, but I'm very particular about accommodations when I do travel and I have to say I was 100% pleased with the Wall Street Inn – beginning with the moment we walked into the cherry-paneled lobby.

I had called earlier to request a room on the front side, since a number of reviews mentioned the noise from a tavern on Stone St at the rear of the hotel. The receptionist had assured me that wasn't an issue in the winter, because there are no longer tables outside, but when we arrived she had upgraded us to a nicer room near the front anyway.

It was super quiet the whole time we were there (a Th-Sat in February) and gave us just the relaxing, refined weekend we were looking for. We woke up to a complimentary Wall Street Journal outside our door, which we enjoyed over the surprisingly good continental breakfast - the croissants are quite possibly the best that I've had this side of the Atlantic.

Some other people on tripadvisor called the service "cold" but maybe they are from the Midwest and don't understand that on the East Coast quietness often is a sign of respectfully minding your own business. I felt we had everything we needed, but were never imposed on by chatty staff, which was great. After a particularly trying night on the NYC metro system (now THEIR staff is bad!), in which we had to pay twice as much for a trip that took twice as long as it should have, we got back to the hotel 5 minutes after room service ended. But the hotel staff cheerfully agreed to bring us dessert anyway, which made up for the metro debacle.

The room was smallish but not cramped, and well-appointed. Two comfy armchairs, a nice closet, a desk, and a big TV. My favorite kind of sheets on the bed - tiny stripes, with a duvet in between (the pillows were a little too stiff/tall but otherwise everything was great).The bathroom was quite spacious, with beautiful stone tiles in the shower and the shampoo and conditioner actually worked on my very long, thick hair.

Anyway, I could go on, but overall five stars for sure!! Thank you Wall Street Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front if you come in the summer.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
WallStreetInn, General Manager at The Wall Street Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a guest review and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Eeastern Hospitality during your stay at our hotel. On your next visit to the Big Apple, please try the Staten Island ferry for a close-up of Lady Liberty in the NY harbor. It is still part of the NYC MTA subway system but is the only free ride in New York! I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to The Wall Street Inn.