“So Good, this is a hidden Gem in New York!! I love this spot”
Review of The MasalaWala

The MasalaWala
Reserve with OpenTable
The MasalaWala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: East Houston Street
Transit: MTA Subway: 2 Ave. (F) Delancey St. (F) Essex St. (J, M, Z)
Reviewed 7 October 2018

My favorite Indian spot in the city. Never disappointing. Also the staff are super caring and the owner is very involved. After we got our check the owner came over with some complimentary desert and gave us a hug. Not even kidding.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

The best food ever had in US till now.. had ordered paneer masala, chana masala, chili cheese naan all were delicious..
the best part was Rasmalai

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I ordered a chicken dish and Indian bread. The food was too spicy and I didnt like the sauce; the bread was so tough I could barely tear off a piece, let alone eat it. This was a delivery dinner. The food was delivered one hour and thirty four minutes after I ordered it even though the restaurant is not far from my NY apt

In fairness to the restaurant, someone from the restaurant called to make sure the meal arrived and asked how I liked it. When I said I did not like it at all, he offered to send another dish. That was thoughtful of him but I was no longer hungry. Also the dessert was much better than the rest.

I am sorry to write a negative review because I like Indian food and was hoping this could be a restaurant I would return to.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

I came here craving Indian food after lacking it for several weeks, and wasn't disappointed. The chicken tikka masala was very good. However, the mango lassi was unimpressive and overpriced.

The menu is also somewhat limited in selection (although this makes sense, given the small size of the restaurant) and slightly expensive. The owner/manager was exceptionally friendly but the wait was too long - I'd recommend making a reservation if possible. The ambience was better than most other mid-scale Indian restaurants I've been to, with great music and tastefully decorated walls. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We loved our meal in this place. Excellent Indian food with friendly waiters. I would recommend the biryanis and the n’aan