“Best shawarma hummus plate around”

Omar's Kitchen & Bakery
Ranked #1,324 of 15,862 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Every time we are in NYC we visit here and it never disappoints. Best shawarma and hummus around. Falafel is great too. Great, fast, convenient.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Walking past I noticed the long line of people queuing for lunch, a friendly face explained why, so I joined the queue. It's worth the wait, an authentic menu from Turkey, I chose the lamb platter, it was delicious, great taste and freshly prepared. It's also good value, the queue is just at lunchtime, visit after or better still anytime on the weekend. Take out or enjoy in the cosy restaurant and friendly staff.

1  Thank garygeorge3
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Omar's is my current favorite and I love absolutely everything they make! I go there every week for veg falafel or chicken shawarma! The food portions are huge and everything is tasty.

I absolutely recommend this place to everyone!

Tip- Don't get dissuaded by the never ending loonngg queue - they are extremely efficient and super quick!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I came across this restaurant by chance; I saw a huge line down the road at 11.30am for lunch (takeout), so I thought "why not". It was great. I mean it's great grilled chicken, homemade pita and nice salad. The point is, its was tasty, well cooked and busy. Worth a visit. $8.95.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Went there for a take away lunch. The queue was quite long but moved quickly. Many people in the queue were obviously regulars. Had a sharwarma pitta which was so tasty, lots of salad. Also came with a small square of cake which was delicious. Will definitely go back next time I'm in NY.