“Beautiful theater, pleasant staff!”
Review of Longacre Theatre

and up
The Prom on Broadway
Ranked #107 of 1,137 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Went to see A Bronx Tale here. Theater is beautiful. It is small and the view is good from all seats. Staff was wonderful. Only negatives - seats narrow and not much leg room if you are tall. Also do not order wine $27 in a souvenir cup. Overall, great place.

All reviews
"balcony seats"
in 5 reviews
"lovely theatre"
"front row"
in 6 reviews
"great view of the stage"
"great play"
in 43 reviews
"cast"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 18 July 2018

I liked this Theatre more because its not big and any where you sit you have a good view of the stage. Hubby and i went to see a Bronx Tale; we have orchestra seats which were phenomanl. i felt as if we were on stage with the cast. The bar is very pricey. We got two cups (Bronx tale small mugs) with wine and it ran us $54.00 (NOT including the tip). I was like OKAY this is robbery, especially the fact that the wine didnt even taste good and was CHEAP. BUT that's Broadway for you LOL. The show was GOOD and it was my Hubby's first show so the insane price for the wine was worth it. The theatre itself is nice, i would definitely go back.

1  Thank forevablessed
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Went to see Bronx Tale at the Longacre Theatre. The theatre was clean and cozy. The performance was very entertaining. We enjoyed it very much!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The theatare was very clean. The staff was very heplfull. A bottle of water cost $5.00 that's just not righr.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Saw A Bronx Tale the last week of June. Knew nothing about the story, but that didn't matter. It was easy to follow and very well done. I'd rate that part of the experience 5 stars.

Now for the downside. We were with a tour group and had seats in the balcony. There is no real leg room, very tight. I couldn't get my artificial knee bent far enough to sit there. They sent me all the way down to talk to the house manager, who sent me all the way back up to an aisle seat in the balcony. I had to stick my leg out into the aisle, around a railing and down the steps. The man in front of me thought my leg was an armrest and kept putting it on me. Why they couldn't just give me a chair along the back of the balcony I will never know.

Downside, Part II. There was a very obnoxious woman sitting in the balcony who kept shouting out, swearing and dropping the f bomb. Several people near her tried to shush her, to no avail. She just got louder and more aggressive because no one was going to tell her to pipe down. Now, where did all the ushers go? If you tried to take a picture during the performance, they would be right on you. But, they were nowhere to be found when someone is disrupting everyone else. Sad.

Brian H, Manager at Longacre Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Hello,

I do apologize that you've had this experience.

We thank you for your patronage.

Best,