“Small, cozy, and beautiful theater”
Review of Longacre Theatre

and up
The Prom on Broadway
Ranked #109 of 1,145 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I went to Longacre to see "A Bronx Tale" and really enjoyed myself. The theater is small but it is very pretty and very cozy. I was very comfortable during my visit and the show was fantastic. Getting in and out was easy, and our view from the balcony was perfectly fine. My only gripe was with the drink prices - very expensive. But, it is NYC and you are watching a great performance on Broadway - I guess it is OK to splurge.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank MattM6053
All reviews
"lovely theatre"
"seating chart"
"rear balcony"
in 2 reviews
"great view of the stage"
"front row"
in 17 reviews
"broadway"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Yesterday my wife and I went to see A Bronx Tale at the Longacre Theater. The theater is an artistic gem from 1912 and is rather small for a Broadway theater hosting a musical. The management cranked up the air conditioning to the point that we and lots of folks seated near us complained and were forced to wear jackets or sweaters to stay warm, and this was a day with the exterior temperature in the mid-80's. Another issue I have mentioned before in reviews of Broadway theaters is the tiny amount of legroom. I am not tall, but if I was uncomfortable, so I can only imagine what it would be like for anyone taller than I to sit in this theater.

By the way, playing now at this theater is A Bronx Tale, currently starring it's author, Chazz Palminteri. If you love the film of the same name as I do, you will likely enjoy this musical adaptation.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank LWL3333
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Watched Bronx Tale at this theatre recently. There is hardly any leg room between rows, which I think is a common issue at most theatres on Broadway. We had seats in the first balcony and fortunately didn't have any obstructions. Toilets are in the basement and were clean and accessible.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Saw a Bronx Tale. The theatre is easily accessible. We had a groupon and tickets in ochestra left about the seventh row. Good seats because at the angle no one obstructed my view. The bathroom at the end of the show was clean and large.

Date of experience: May 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Very nice theatre. Great locations. the only problem I had was that we bought four seats. We were in last row of Orchestra. We were separated by big column. Two of us on one side and two on other side. I wish that we noted in the seating chart. Especially buying four seats together. I did go back after seeing show and see a space on the seating chart but it show be specific about column, Looks like just a space.

Date of experience: March 2018