“Standard Good W, Times Square can be a Pro and a Con”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #265 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Standard Good W, Times Square can be a Pro and a Con”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Spent 4 nights at this hotel as part of a group. Location-wise, it can be great, or horrible. It's loud, you're literally right off of Times Square, but for some people, that's perfect. I was on one of the highest floors and had no problems with street noise (I was facing a side street and NOT Times Square though). Others in my group who faced the square complained of noise though.

Service was very good, all the staff was really nice. It was a bit annoying to have to take 2 elevators to get up to the room. Reception is on the 7th floor so you have to take one up to that level, then take a different one to your room.

The room was rather spacious for NYC, big enough that I could do yoga in the room one night. The bed is comfortable (actually, I have the W mattress at home, so it's perfect!). Don't love the bowl sinks as stuff gets lost behind them, but all in all, it was fine.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor that does NOT face Times Square.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I love the W Times Square. It is in a great location and has all the right amenities. It has a great vibe.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Courtneylovesfood
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The W Hotel in NYC is my new go-to hotel in NYC. I am a frequent Starwood stayer, so I had a few options to choose from in NYC, and this was my first time to stay at the W in Times Square. I loved it.

I was on a one night award stay after being across the river in NJ all week on business, and I was ready for a great 24 hours. From checkin to checkout it was awesome. The staff were all exceptional - without exception. I was impressed with the professionalism by everyone, but also a geunine warmness and an attitude of 'glad you are here with us'.

The hotel was packed at all times, and all hours, but I never felt crowded or rushed. At checkin, I was informed I had been upgraded to a great corner room on the 38th floor with a great view of the city and the Hudson river. The room was great - I felt like I was in the clouds, and there were still 20 floors above me !

The rooms are great and a nice size, and a good firm king bed, wall to wall windows and a real sense of being in NYC. A great chaise lounge for views by the window, and a nice big bathroom with good roomy shower (big enough for two!) . Loved the sleek modern decor.

We came and went alot in the 24 hours, but always felt like we were just steps away from the hotel, the location is ideal for theatre, museums, good food..

The bed was so comfortable (did I mention that ?) and the sounds of the streets way below was a nice distant quiet hum,,,we slept in way too long! I called down and asked for a late checkout, no problem.
So, we headed out for late breakfast and to do our Sunday museum thing, then came back and packed and checked out around 3 -perfect. .....and hated to go! The bellmen were great about getting us cabs in the rain (oh yeah I forgot it rained!) , and in general just answering any question we had (we had a few). with a smile.

During our stay, Patrick Armano, the Whatever Whenever director at the W, emailed me to check up on our stay, and offered to track anything down we might need. Nice.
I will keep his name on file for my next visit - soon I hope !

Keep up the good work all of you !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ron4biz
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 April 2012

one of the best locations in NYC, ask for a room with a view.

Oner Ayan

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view. Oner Ayan
1 Thank ONER A
paris
Reviewed 30 April 2012

i just want to compliment the staff at W HOTEL in NEW YORK on their excellent service. i didnt have enough time to get underwear for my wife at Victorias Secrets on a recent trip and after mailing Reina-Rose Fernandes she organised me 3 pairs of beautiful underwear. They relly went the extra mile.
highly recommended!!!!!!