“Another fabulous stay at the W”

W New York - Times Square
Ranked #260 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Another fabulous stay at the W”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Our stay began at check in. We met Patrice and Adam at the desk. Patrick was training Adam. They were such gentelman. I checked in with my husband and son. I was sick with a bad cold. We decided to get another room for me. Patrick told us they were sold out for that night but said he would see wait he could do. Two minutes later he was back with a room. We left to go to a show and when we returned there was chicken soup and tea. What a caring thing Patrick did for me. I've stayed lots of hotels and never was treated like this. Ive been coming to the W for ten years. The first time I was there was my husbands 40th birthday. They help me surprise him when we got there with 20 balloons and a cake waiting for us in our room. The service is amazing. I come into the city with my kids and husband a couple of times during the year to go to shows or just enjoy the city for an overnight stay. I highly recommend the W. you can't get better service or the nices people that work there. Thank you so much Patrick you showed me there are people out there that care. And Adam who Patrick is training. So the W will have another amazing man working there. Keep smile guys you were my angel this stay.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Nfirst
WhateverWhenever_Mgr, Guest Relations Manager at W New York - Times Square, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Hi there Nfirst,

We are delighted you and your family had a wonderful experience, despite you feeling under the weather! Thank you for your kind words, though I do have to mention I believe you were being helped by Peter and Alex, two of our superstars at the Welcome Desk. I have shared your comments with them and they are so happy to have made you feel comfortable at your home-away-from-home. Please wish your husband a happy birthday on our behalf, feel better soon, and reach out to me at patrick.armano@whotels.com when planning your return escape.

Abandon the expected!

All the best,

Patrick Armano
Whatever/Whenever Talent Coach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was our first trip to New York & it was to celebrate my wife's 40th Birthday.
Everything about this hotel was perfect.
Patrick & his team made us feel so special.
Wonderful room & even a birthday card & presents for my wife.
The room was spotless & cleaned everyday & all the staff were very helpful & polite.
Excellent location right in the middle of times square.
If we ever return to New York...we know where we'll be staying.
Thank you for Patrick & all your team for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which gave wonderful views as well as being light & sunny.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

The W NYC is the best hotel in the city, hands down. Having tried just about every brand in the city I will not go anywhere else. This hotel is Wonderful and Welcoming. From the momement you get out of the cab and Warmly greeted to when you leave, everything is first rate. I have never had a problem, which I cannot say is the case for the Hilton or the Double Tree (mold in the bathroom is not attractive). Even more important is that I know everything will work properly, they take care of the rooms and are fast with room service or special requests. The hotel is central to everything and first class in all manners. Little things like the warm greeting you get, actually using your name when they talk to you and the positive attitude of the folks (go find Patrick and you will know what I mean). If you want a comfortable room, a great bed, then you need to stay there. You will be back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

When you get right down to it, you know that there is very little that differentiates one hotel from another. The rooms are all about the same size, they are all clean, generally located near one another and the food is consistently good. What makes this hotel stand-out is the people. While staying at the hotel this weekend, my son, who turned 11 on Saturday, became very sick with a fever and passed-out. The hotel staff jumped into action; they got our rooms ready early, took care of our bags and checked on us routinely. I am a weary, 47 year-old business travel veteran, but I teared-up when I saw The Directors of Welcome, Jamie and Alice, on their knees giving my son a cherry-sprite, pastry and banana as we checked-in. They made sure he got a birthday cake, a ride in the W car to Spiderman and cookies and milk on his last night. My wife, who stayed at home, was blown away by how friendly everyone at the hotel was to us. Stay here - you will be in good hands.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer a great view of Times Sq and are generally quiet, but the light and sound is goin...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 637John637
Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great place to stay with beautiful rooms.
The main floor lounge is a great place to meet and have drinks.

Rooms are clean, nicely appointed, good size for Manhattan.

Price wa fair for NYC