“Excellent macaroons- worth every penny”
Review of La Madison Laduree

La Madison Laduree
Ranked #16 of 393 Bakeries in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Description: The history of Parisian tea rooms is intimately tied to the history of the Ladurée family. It all began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, a miller from the southwest of France, founded a bakery in Paris at 16 rue Royale. The story of the Ladurée macaron began in the mid-20th century with Pierre Desfontaines, second cousin of Louis Ernest Ladurée, who had the delicious idea of creating a double macaron, two simple macaron shells joined in the middle by a luscious filling. And the rest, as they say, is history. Today, Ladurée is not only the "Fabricant de Douceurs depuis 1862" (Maker of Sweets since 1862), but also a global company bringing the French Art de Vivre to the world.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Though this shop is pretty overpriced, it's worth to go at least once. It makes you feel like you teleported to old-school Paris with their cute macaroons and other pastries. The'yre all very tasty, and the staff is friendly and professional.

1  Thank Yara T R

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

In NYC for the week. Wife said that she had to visit Laduree between E 70th and 71st street on Madison before leaving NYC.

We had tea/coffee and ordered a couple of their Macaroons. I had the coffee and she had the chestnut macaroon.

Fantastic and I believe that they are shipped in from Paris. Before we left she bought a box of 6 to bring home to a friend.

She was happy, that's all I cared about. Want to make the wife happy? Take her here.

2  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I first heard of Laduree when I visited Paris in 2011. They were known for the delightful delicacies known as "macarons." No, it's not a macaroon with coconut. It is a light pastry made of two small cookies filled with a ganache. They are not only delicious - they are beautiful!!
How thrilled was I to find that Laduree was opening a small cafe on Madison Ave in NYC. I have visited several times over the past few years and it never fails to disappoint. During this past visit I actually was fortunate to sit at one of the few bistro tables. I enjoyed a pastry concoction that, like the macarons, was out of this world!
The staff have always been knowledgeable and unfailingly polite.
If you can't get to Laduree in Paris be sure to visit La Madison Laduree. You will certainly be hard pressed to think you're not in France!!

2  Thank Anne R
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Ive visited Laduree in Paris. My experience there was wonderful; however, my visit to the NYC location was terrible. I found the establishment itself to be run down, dinghy and I inviting. So disappointing. Service was lackluster and rude. As for the treats, they were okay at best.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I visited the bakery for a high tea and pastry. We were three people and denied
a table of choice saying that was for four. A few minutes later another group of three was given that table.
When i raised a objection the waitress intentionally made a bill credit card chargeslip with a 30 USD tip and then claimed it was a mistake. It took a long time to rectify and it was a very sorry experience as it was clearly intentional to harass.

1  Thank peter-newton-lewis