“Maybe the most over over appreciate Hotel I stayed at!”

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Ranked #31 of 468 Hotels in New York City
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Maybe the most over over appreciate Hotel I stayed at!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

In january 2001 I went for a 5 days shopping trip to New york and stayed at the Ritz hotel, I had heard so much about it ,so I was eager to give it a try. But I was disappointed ,the service was really bad! I don't appreciate if the staff judge me(Or anyone els) if I walk in with a pair of Loubutin or my snickers .Guess what I had on my feet this time?

The breakfast is not included and not impressing in anyway. When it was time to leave the didn't bother to help us with our 2 oversize baggage at the lobby and out because they where to busy to ignore us. The did got a minor chock when the realized than the stretch limo who drove up in front of the hotel was ours to take us to the airport.

No this is one place I never will go to again!Really bad service !

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
19 Thank Gilenmyr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 31 January 2012

On the advice of good friends I stayed here in January with very high expectations. These expectations were exceeded from the moment we checked in to the day we checked out, this hotel was absolutely fabulous. Having stayed at the Ritz in Moscow, Berlin and San Fran recently I knew what to expect but this was a step up. The staff , in all areas of the hotel, were genuine, friendly and helpfull. Charles in the club lounge was a great guy - always smiling and remembered all our favourtie drinks !
The massage was one of the best i've had and was able to get one almost on arrival which was great after a 30 hour journey from Perth Australia.
The location , room qualtity (arghhh the beds !) lobby lounge were top class. Check-out was perfect and all our room additions etc through amex were catered and accounted for.
My last stay in NYC was the the Peninsula which was great but the Ritz has something special in this very beautiful city. I've found my home away from home and can't wait to get back there.

Room Tip: central park view and definately a club lounge room
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I travel extensively to NYC, and consider The Ritz at Central Park our home in NYC. In the past we've stayed at the Mandarin, and at Trump SoHo, both great properties. But The Ritz, with its location, its boutique-y feel, the concierge lounge, and the superior service, we don't want to be any place else. Each time we return, staff knows us by name. It's nice to pull up after a long flight and the doormen know you, as if you are a resident. The concierge lounge is GREAT, the food, drink, and the staff...we just love it. And the La Prairie spa is one of the best in the city.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Impeccably clean, and very comfortable. We had a great view of Lady Liberty from our room (515). Friends of ours stayed in a suite just above us (617) and had the same great view...alon with a spectacular room. They club lounge was comfortable and the food was delicious and plenty. I'm sure it must be less relaxing and pleasant in the club lounge during busier times at the Ritz, but we happened to be there at a quiet time of year and enjoyed it very much.

Doormen were pleasant and polite. If you are looking to spend time in midtown, be prepared to cab it or take the subway a lot since this hotel is at the very bottom of Manhattan.

We couldn't have asked for a nicer experience. We will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton on a business trip and look forward to returning with my family. I've stayed at a number of Ritz-Carlton properties, but the room at this hotel was probably nicer than any RC I've stayed at thus far. Very spacious room, especially for NY. It is also located directly across the street from the South end of Central Park, which made it easy to get up early and jog into the Park. With one exception, the service was exactly what you've come to expect from RC -- attentive, responsive and polite. My only complaint is that they failed to follow up on my wake-up call the first morning I was there, which could have caused me to miss an early morning (fortunately, I always set my cell phone alarm as a back-up). When I made the front desk aware of the oversight, they were extremely apologetic. I appreciated the professional way they handled the oversight after the fact, so I didn't ding them on my scoring for "Service".

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business