“West Indian Food ”

Ranked #5,900 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

If you are in New York City and want the best West Indian Food ( roti, curry of goat meat, chicken, fish, veggies or beef. Different types of patty )- prepared best as well as no old food - come to this location. On Libery Ave between 132 and 133 st. Parking and wait can be kind of difficult but it is worth it

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Sybil's is known for it's Caribbean flavor, it gives you a home cooked flavor. There are dishes like the oxtails and Currys that are really fabulous, however the seafood sometimes can be a hit or miss (dry). If you are not vegetarian and love spicy Guyanese Food I recommend Sybil's. Bon appétit !

1  Thank Michèle P
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Sybil’s has been apart of the Caribbean community and the Indo South American community for as long as I can remember. All dishes and pastries are influenced from the Caribbean and Indo South American culture. Eating food from this establishment reminds me of a culture forgotten. Although everything is freshly made, my favorite dishes are the fish sandwich and the fish cake. I always return to this location because the food is awesome. FYI look beyond the line, the food is worth it.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Products here are mostly bakery and West Indian food.
The establishment has been around for years,however due to large volume of people, the establishment become care free with their products.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

So this place has been a go to for me from my days in Brooklyn at the original Sybil's. I felt like having some current slices so I stopped off there on said day I went in took a number and waited , I thought the reason for taking a number was so you could be served in the order in which you came , I guess I was wrong cause there is a short black young lady that works there that took her friend who came in after me and serviced her when I asked what was the purpose of taking a number if she was going to service who she feels like servicing. This was one of the worst visits I have had going there no respect..